Friday, November 9, 2012

Rich & Creamy Melt Organic and Honey Melt Organic Review



Melt Butter:

The product arrived in a thick Styrofoam box with cool packs and in perfect condition. I was very impressed with the care taken in shipping both items.

Melt products are organic and are made with virgin coconut oil. Don't let the coconut oil fool you, there is no coconut flavor just like peanut oil does not taste like the nut. You get a rich and creamy texture taste but you do not have to worry as much as you would with a 100% dairy derived fat. I frankly always felt that like sugar substitutes that rarely taste like the real thing, I sort of held the same level of expectations for this spread. My highest expectation was for the Honey version and thought it would just be a good spread at the most.

I was so wrong!! I admit it (it hurts but I do) but you have to admit when you are faced with a yummy product. Why be cruel and keep it to myself!



The original version is rich and creamy with the perfect balance of saltiness and sweetness, which you would get from normal butter. You almost taste a hint of honey sweetness even though it is not in the product. It's mellow and very good. Not like margarine in any way and no oil residues are left on your palette. It melts in your mouth just like a high quality butter would and you are just left with the desire to take another shaving off with your butter knife. The product's true flavor came through and the richness increases as the spread comes to room temperature. This is when Melt's goodness can be appreciated because now the fats will be tasted and your mind will really start playing tricks on you. There is a very small amount of true butter, yet it is rich like if the entire portion was dairy derived. I looked four times thinking I missed something but it has to be the virgin coconut oil, which I had never tasted before. The list is longer of what it does not contain than what it does. Simplicity is an understatement! You can bake, cook, drizzle, saute, whip or eat it out of the container just like you would with normal butter, so that right there is not what I expected. These "hybrid products" are always limited because it's chemicals that bind them, but please do not lump the Melt brand into that group. This is nature at it's best and finally someone grasped the idea and applied it that "less is better". You keep it simple and the natural ingredients will shine. I became a fan and will be purchasing this product.



My second tub is their newer addition to the family, and that would be the Honey Melt. I will start off that when I opened the container I was surprised to see small brown specks....wait that is cinnamon. No way! This should be named Honey Cinnamon but I was not there when it came to picking a name. I have a happy moment when I see cinnamon in spreads and then comes that dread of how much was added. I like the spice very much but like paprika, a touch goes a long way. The scent was light so that was a good start. I again first taste a product as-is before spreading it on anything because I want to know if it is worthy to be added to any food item first. Um, So worthy!! I was sitting and quickly got up and took out the end part of a bread loaf because that was the first thing and I'm impatient when "yummers" are ahead. Pure bliss and it tastes like a good apple butter with the perfect sweetness and how you imagine apple butter should taste and never does. I started thinking and waiting to see restrictions, like you can't cook with me and please do not melt the product...but wait, this is the real stuff and there was none of that. No limitations or restrictions!! The product even states you can freeze it.

Melt sent me the perfect duo and I sadly have to admit that I would have kept walking at the grocery store if I had seen the product because I have been burned by claims before. It never is like the real thing and how many times did I get that a spray butter that promised it would be just like the real thing. All I ended up with was a tired trigger finger from spraying, spraying, and spraying, which then makes your food cold. Melt has fat but the better ones and it stayed true to nature, so true that it's organic. I'm the type of person that prefers a half of slice of real cake versus a whole slice of some lab created item that is like cake, but really should be spelled K-a-k-e. I missed nothing and when I open my fridge, I see it as real butter. No leaps or self fooling needs to be done because this product delivers on it's claims and the added benefit, it tastes good....really good.

Time to bake and because I did not want to bore you with the literature of why this is better health wise, please visit the site and look for yourself: http://www.meltbutteryspread.com/our-products/

I received this product via Swaggable, free of charge. I have no obligation in giving this brand a high or low mark, but my genuine opinion. Above is my honest and unbiased opinion. It may not be the same as yours but I wanted to share mine because that is what I do :).

No comments:

Post a Comment