Friday, August 10, 2012

Essie perk provided by Klout, Strokes of Brilliance

Image

I having been working my way through the Klout World, a site that rewards you for being....well Y-O-U.  They measure your influence in social media and thousands of other topics.  As your score goes up and up, it opens the door to perks that are related to your topics (you can work on 20 at a time).  One of my many interests is Nail Polish so I chose this as a topic.  No sooner that I pick it, that door opens where I qualified for a perk and it was the Essie nail polish in the color of "strokes of brilliance".  I like glitter and sparkles but dislike how it feels raised on a nail.  I tend to rarely use it because it catches on things and I have to admit something, I then pick at it.  Shameful!  The other factor is it takes longer to dry because you have to add an extra top coat on top of the glitter, polish, base...you end up with 4 coats if I just do one coat of color.  You add the "bed sheet" lines the day after, if you catch my drift.

So, I notice this polish says, "Top coat".  That's a first for me as they mostly usually have a name and it ends there.  I thought for a top coat, it better deliver.  I decided to try with a light french tip.  I noticed the sparkles have a mirror like effect versus just iridescent glitter.  They reflect, not shimmer.  The picture shows a blue tone but you get grayish hues too. Your clothing plus surrounding light affects the color they reflect so I liked that.  If the room is not bright, the shine is not, so they seriously do tone down to fit the occasion.  What I liked best is how the formula settles on the nail bed.  You do not get one speck out of place where it stays lifted to catch stuff.  It does not chunk up and for once it works as advertised, a perfect top coat.  I love it and I'm looking forward to my second Essie perk on Klout that I will be sharing next.  By the way, I'm on day 5 with no chips or missing sparkle!

www.klout.com

www.essie.com

Image

*I was given this free product/sample because I'm a Klout Inluencer, I was under no obligation to receive this sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company

No comments:

Post a Comment