Friday, August 10, 2012

Influenster Latina Beauty Vox Box 2012

Image

Influenster is a program that sends you at no cost, products from several companies to try out.  This is my fifth box since being a member and I have always incorporated items from each Vox Box into my daily routine.  Many times they include the latest new beauty item that I have been curious about or a product(s) I was completely unfamiliar with.  It's a nice way to introduce yourself to new items and all they ask is for feedback...pretty easy!

The Latina Beauty Vox Box included:

  • VEET Wax Strips for Legs & Body (retails for $9.99)


The product is easy to use and there is no wax warming required or those pesky cloth strips.  This is as clean as waxing and hair removal can get.  You just rub a strip between your hands for about 5 seconds to warm and soften the wax.  Look at it like your activating it and then you slowly peel the strips apart.  You apply the strip that has the wax to the area you want to remove hair, and keep in mind that you will be pulling in the direction of the hair growth when placing.  The strip even has a tab for easy placement and pulling, so no worries on getting wax stuck to you or your nails.  When pulling, you do it very quickly and you may hold the skin taught as it aids with avoiding discomfort.  After waxing, Veet has included wipes that help remove any excess wax and also contain a solution that helps avoid irritation.  That easy!  You get 40 full size wax strips and 6 wipes.  Veet leaves your skin clean from hair and I did not find much excess wax left behind.  No razor to deal with or cans expelling foam that was supposed to make shaving a breeze.  I also like the reward of not having to shave every few days.  My only tip to add: make sure to keep in mind how you will pull before placing the strip because certain areas (curves) are a little tricky.  I just made sure to practice the action of how I would pull (direction of) before removing the wax strip and applying.

  • NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine (retails for $2.49)


I received my gloss in the color of Nude York City, No. 582.  The color does apply like a sheer/nude and has beige and rosey tones.  It's the typical "my-go-to" color a girl likes to use because it's great for a day to night look.  You do not get that glitter shimmer that blinds people (great for pre-teens but not adults), nor a wet look that resembles an oil slick.  This is just finally the perfect sheen and the price point is unbelievable because of the results!  The lip gloss has a pleasant scent and taste because sometimes we do bite our lips :).  Reapplication was usually every 3 hours and this was after being stuck in an air-conditioned vehicle that tends to dry my lips faster.  A little goes a long way and I liked that it did not bleed or leave an odd tint when it wore down.  It just gets fainter and fainter as you get closer to reapplication time.

  • Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration (Full size bottle retails for $7.99)


There is so many sunscreens that you stop and wonder if there is a difference anymore, there is.  Hawaiian Tropic has been around for many years and it's for a reason- it works!  It's one of the few that does not cause me irritation and allows my skin to breathe when I apply it.  It is a Broad Spectrum sunscreen, meaning it protects against UVA and UVB rays.  Broad Spectrum is what Dermatologists want you to wear.  Best way to remember about UVA and UVB protection and why you should seek it:

UVB: Rays that give you sun burn and seem like you are just red and uncomfortable but there is more to consider here and please continue reading on why.

UVA: This is the rays that penetrate deep and cause not only wrinkles, premature aging, sagging and texture decline, but also a leathery appearance and feel.

These UVA rays also make the UVB rays intensify, think magnification and in this where you worry due that it may cause Cancer.  I always look at it like making a bad cocktail, you don't want that but you may be able to avoid it with a Broad Spectrum sunscreen.

The other great part about the hydrating ribbons in Hawaiian Tropin's formula, you nourish and hydrate your skin.  This product goes beyond just protecting you and I like a product that works at 200% versus just 100%.  You can choose SPF in 12, 30 and 50.

  • Bath & Body Works Shea-Enriched Signature Collection Shower Gel (retails for $5 in mini)


I like a product that again does the work of two.  Bath & Body Works has added Shea Butter to their shower gel so you don't dry out so much while showering.  It's great to strip the dirt away but that also takes away what keeps our skin healthy.  They did not stop there and added Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to make sure you are one soft baby!  I was afraid of feeling oily and not clean when I received this but my fears were put to rest when I towel dried.  I get it now, how you are supposed to feel clean but not like you shrunk your skin after a shower.  I felt comfortable and my skin just felt normal- not dry or oily.  It remained that way through out the day and even the day I was too in a hurry to apply body lotion and wait for it to dry before getting dressed.  I received Pink Chiffon and I describe the scent like raspberry roses.  Please go into a store and take a sniff because it's yummy.  Not overly perfumed but intoxicating because it smells so good and light.  This product comes also in full size (10 ounces) for $11, so if you like it as much as I did, I would opt for the full size since the mini is only 3 ounces.  Quick math and you can see the deal!

  • Always Radiant Infinity Pads (retail for $6.99) and Always Tampax Radiant Collection (retail varies by size)


The box included the pads for myself to keep and the best part on why I love the Influenster program, they included a sampler box to give to a friend.  The friend's box had a purse (to store pads and tampons), 3 daily liners and 2 tampons.  I admit I liked it a lot and wanted to keep it but my conscious after getting everything else could not be calmed, so with a smile I gave it to my girlfriend.  Her reaction was worth it because she loved the discrete little purse that had the perfect inserts to store tampons and pads.  I thought pads were the same in most brands and that you just pick by what shape and size feels best.  I was wrong, again!  I also use to pick by price and did not know that if I paid close attention, I could have saved money.  My former brand was not as comfortable and thin, plus I tended to use pads more often.  With these Always Radiant Infinity Pads, I change less often and what is best, you get better protection but the pad is ultra thin.  The extra protection comes from Microdots in the pad that allows better absorbency, who knew pads were scientific!  I switched brands for the comfort and security alone.  My box contained 16 pads at a fair price point (wrapped with knowing I'm secure) of $6.99

 

Influenster

Who gets a VoxBox?

Influensters are selected for themed shipments based on the badges they have unlocked and individual demographics, ensuring members receive products that match their lifestyles and interests. Members with high 'Influenster scores'  - within the specific consumer groups we are targeting for that program -  are prioritized, so make sure to connect and unlock as many Influence Badges as you can!

Join me at: www.influenster.com

Image



 Image


Image

No comments:

Post a Comment