Thursday, June 19, 2014

Klout: Fair Trade Moms Make a World of Difference #Perk #FairTrade

IMAG1072

Here's another great Klout perk to share and I list the Fair Trade boxes in my top 10 perks to get. The boxes are filled with wonderful goodies and are always a hit in my home. I have become a fan of many of the brands and have continued to purchase them all, just because of my introduction via these great Klout Perk boxes. This one was smaller but did not disappoint!

Included were 6 items from 4 different manufacturers that adhere to the Fair Trade global practices of delivering goods from workers treated fairly. Fair Trade USA is not a charity but a global organization that helps developing communities improve their quality of life, and also make it possible for us to enjoy the goods they produce. This can range from clothing to foods, but always knowing that the symbol on the package goes beyond just a simple promise. It's a social movement constantly improving and finding ways to do things not only better.....also, the right way.

 

IMAG1073

Numi Organic Tea- An indulgent tea and in a Chocolate Spice flavor. You think chocolate and tea does not seem right and you start associating it to maybe being a light latte or some thinned out hot chocolate drink. This is none of that! It's a clear and light chai tea, which has nice soft notes of dark chocolate with just a hint of spice. It's smooth and delightful and kills any sweet tooth craving you may have. The box comes with 12 tea bags and is also non-GMO certified. I enjoyed this blend and found that the chocolate taste is very present but balanced well with the tea leaves, plus you can adjust the strength by letting it steep a little longer. This is on my "buy again" list.

 

IMAG1074

Alter ECO chocolate truffles- I received my parcel in the start of the hot weather and also that week we got a nice little heat wave. My truffles were hot and liquidy inside and thankfully only one oozed a little outside of it's wrapper. I quickly put them on a dish and into the fridge they went. I kept hoping the truffle would stiffen up and remain edible. Even though I did not enjoy these chocolates in their prime state, they still held up well regardless of their not so fair arrival. The truffle center that is soft stayed in place, so it seems I was lucky!

I received the Black Truffle and the Velvet Truffle. I can say that both had a very smooth consistency and were velvety soft with the difference pretty much being one was a dark chocolate and the other a milk. The Black truffle was very smooth with no bitter after-notes or a waxy consistency left in your mouth. It melted and dissipated nicely......sort making me wish I had another. The Velvet truffle was pretty great for being milk and had a rich flavor, smooth but not super milky. You taste the chocolate and for being a milder variety, I wished I had 2 more of these after I finished. I can say the truffles peaked my curiosity and Alter Eco Foods has a pretty large assortment of treats that I hope to try in the near future. Their brand goes beyond chocolate and you have Rices to Quinoa and even Sugars to choose from. My opinion is that if a stressed out little melted truffle can taste this good......can you imagine one in it's prime state? I know, let me just ponder about it a little more :)

 

IMAG1076

Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil- I was so happy when I saw this bottle and Nutiva did not just include a sample packet, but a full size bottle. There is a reason why you visit the site and the product in the standard size is sold-out. Not all oils are created equal and this non-GMO oil takes the Coconut experience to whole another level. Clean and pure in taste, this comes from using fresh Organic coconuts in production. I baked delicious cookies that were moist in the inside and crisp on the outside and the pineapple chunks just gave them that tropical burst I was looking for. Nutiva makes everything you can get out of a coconut from flours, sugars, oils to you got to check out what an "o' coconut" is! They also carry Hemp, Chia and Red Palm derived products. I got lost on their site just checking out everything they make!

 

IMAG1079

Fair Trade pin- I know it's just a pin but I love this little stuff and I can now take pictures of my Fair Trade certified products with a pin by it! That makes the blogger in me happy and yes, I still have it in it's plastic so it remains beautiful and shiny :)

 

IMAG1078

Runa Clean Energy- A Guayusa based drink that comes in an array of flavors, I was able to try the Lemon Lemongrass variety. I chilled mine before enjoying it. The product is a natural energy drink without the crash or too speedy feeling. You get a "pep in your step", with no after-burn, plus it's refreshing and tastes great. The lemon is nice too...think of a sweet tea that is not super sugary, so your thirst in quenched and you get that extra energy to go about your day. One bottle is only 50 calories and that is something your waist line will appreciate with Summer around the corner. Runa also carries other products made with Guayusa from the bottles to energy drinks and even loose leaf tins.

 

IMAG1082

I recommend checking out the companies above by simply clicking on the titles and please read on how they grow, make, cultivate, to how they get products to your door via the Fair Trade practices. Many have other advantages to being Organic and using non-GMO ingredients. To a healthier Summer 2014 and better choices!

You can also become a Klout member buy visiting Klout and all you need is a Facebook or Twitter accoount.  Simple and takes less than 3 minutes and you can start enjoying Klout Perks too!

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Fair Trade USA and the above named companies.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

IMAG1072

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment