Friday, June 6, 2014

Oloves Olives: Veggie & Bean Delight Quinoa Salad #Recipe

 

 

IMAG1226

  • Veggie & Bean Delight Quinoa Salad


You have a great salad that is packed with protein and fiber that is perfect for a "Meatless Monday". You can also make this in the evening and it holds well for up to 3 days in the fridge. No dressing needed and you can eat it over a bed of lettuce, fill two tomato halves, or stuff an avocado. I opted for a little bed of lettuce to go with my avocado and it made two beautiful and very filling cups.

IMAG1219

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 /2 cup of Tri-Color Qunioa (cooked, drained and cooled)

  • 1/2 cup of White Kidney Beans

  • 1/2 cup of Garbanzo Beans

  • 1/4 cup of raw Carrots (diced)

  • 1/4 cup of raw Celery (chopped)

  • 1/4 cup of raw Zucchini (diced)

  • 1/8 of a cup of raw Red Onion (diced)

  • 1 pack of Oloves in Lemon & Rosemary

  • 1 pack of Oloves in Basil and Garlic

  • Optional- Feta crumbled Cheese (add this before serving as a topper)


 

[gallery ids="3666,3668"]

Begin by cooking your Tri-color Qunioa, draining and allowing it to cool.  I always cook mine with a touch of smoked salt and this is why I did not any more to the salad.  The flavor comes all from Oloves olives!

[gallery ids="3669,3670,3673"]

Then chop up all your veggies and add to a large bowl that is big enough to mix and toss.

IMAG1218

Drain and rinse both cans of beans and take 1/2 cup out from each type of bean.

IMAG1224

Add to veggies and toss.  Then open an avocado in half, so you are left with two equal sized halves.  I always brush mine with a little lemon or lime juice to preventing browning and add a little flavor.

IMAG1223

Then simply open 1 bag each of the Oloves pouches in Lemon & Rosemary and the Basil and Garlic varieties.  Add to salad and toss to combine.  Taste and if you want to add a little salt or freshly cracked pepper.......go right ahead but I found the flavors were perfectly balanced by just using what Oloves provided.

IMAG1230

Then simply lay out some lettuce (even Kale) so the avocados don't feel lonely, top with the salad and you can add some Feta cheese if you desire.  You can store the remainder in a glass container for up to 3 days.  I never store with the cheese because for no reason it sounds "icky" to me, so I top just before serving.  Enjoy!

[gallery ids="3679,3665,3676"]

 

 

IMG_20140528_165620

Get your Oloves and you can make the above recipe and more at:

IMAG1123

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Oloves.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment