Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jiva Organics: Organic Mishri/Misri, Rock Sugar #JivaOrganics



IMAG1753

With the Fall weather in full motion and soon Winter will be upon us, I wanted to try different teas this season to try to change things up a bit. I feel new warm drinks doesn't make every holiday feel the same, so I do try to always incorporate new products into the rotation. I figured if I was trying new warm drinks, I might as well try new sugars!

IMAG1750

I began reading and one of the types of sugars I came across is commonly used in India, is Misri. The sugar crystals resemble the shape of rock sugar/candy. As I read further like with salt, sugar has it's differences too and it goes beyond the grades of brown and dark sugars. Misri, is not like refined sugars so you do get minerals, which help keep a more natural taste profile to whatever dish you add it to. Since the size of the crystals are larger in size, the dissolving occurs at a slower rate, so you can get that "sugar fix" with very little product. I like making sugar sticks and slowly dissolving them into teas and coffees. You can combine Misri with flavored syrups, extracts, and/or even natural food coloring to enhance your tea drinking experience. I use bamboo sticks and make little lolly pops that are not only beautiful to look at but can be used. Great for holiday gift giving along with baked goods and a bag of coffee or tea assortment. The lolly pops are also great if you have a sore throat and you don't desire a candy full of unnatural ingredients, so you get many uses out of a simple but better for you product.

IMAG1752

Nutritional Facts: 5 grams is about 12 calories

IMAG1749

I obtained my Misri sugar from Jiva Organics and they are available on Amazon. The product carries the USDA Organic label and comes in a resealable pouch. No artificial colors, preservatives, additives, or flavors. You get clean products that never met a chemical or pesticide.

Retail Price Point: $3.59 for a generous 7 ounce bag

Jiva Organics carries a multitude of products that range from spices like turmeric. Fengugreek seeds, to black seasame seeds. They also carry blends like chili powders and Garam Masala.

Connect with Jiva Organics at:

 

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Jiva Organics.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment