Wednesday, February 13, 2013

BzzAgent Campaign: Lipton Spiced Cinnamon Chai Tea

Lipton Spiced Cinnamon Chai Tea

DSCN1316

Lipton has added a new variety to their pyramid shaped tea bags, featuring black tea with real spices. The ingredients are simple, starting with black tea, cinnamon, ginger root, cloves and black pepper. The product also contains natural flavorings and the food additive, Soy Lecithin. Each serving delivers 30 mg of caffeine and you can enjoy this product warm or even cold. You also get benefits like 75 mg of tea Flavonoids. What are Flavonoids? You may have heard of Catechins, a Flavonoid that is known for it's disease fighting capabilities and antioxidants. The more you steep a cup of tea, the more Flavonoids you brew into your cup and that is a very good thing.

Things I like:
It's easy to brew the Lipton pyramid bag and it does have nice spicy notes and the cinnamon flavor is not overwhelming. It's present but well balanced by the ginger root and cloves. It's a mellow spice and I did brew my second cup a little stronger by using only 6 ounces of water and a little honey. Perfect! I definitely would classify this as a Fall and Winter blend because it may not be craveable as the weather warms up, but worth a variety to have in hand.

Things I dislike:
A mess of packaging! I never found an open pyramid bag, but the outside of the box was littered with tea leaves and spices. When I took the plastic wrap off, I was smart to do it over the sink. The disaster continued inside the box, so I removed every bag and inspected each of the 18 bags. None had holes or broken seals, so that is great but why the mess? I had to tap the box clean and then tap each bag to remove the litter. It not appetizing and if I would have not purchased a box that reflected such a mess on the outside. There was no damage to the unit, so this is definitely just being sloppy when manufacturing.

I received the above item free of charge from BzzAgent. My only commitment was to provide an honest review about the product. I am not obligated to provide a positive review! My opinion is my own and I share because that is what I enjoy doing, however your opinion may differ from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment