Monday, February 4, 2013

Mardi Gras King's Bundt Cakes

IMAG0027

Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.
~Alexandre Dumas

It's a new month and a new week, make it a happy one <3
IMAG0030
I had a Mardi Gras theme going this weekend so I made Mardi Gras King's Bundt Cakes. It was a new recipe and I made some alterations, like substituting 1/2 of the all-purpose flour with cake flour for a lighter texture. I did not add lemon or all the sugar to the icing because as I incorporated the powder sugar and tasted, the stuff was going to be too sugary once decorated. I also added Mascarpone cheese along with the Cream Cheese, so the icing would be smoother in texture and taste. They were a hit and if you would like to try them, here is the recipe: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/mardi-gras-king-cupcakes-recipe

IMAG0039

No comments:

Post a Comment