Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crowdtap: Woolite Washed In-Home Boutique!

Wooliteers – Hosted Party

DSCN1633

Being part of Crowdtap, I was invited to host a Woolite Sampling party. The objective is to introduce friends and family to the Woolite family. Being that I use both the Everyday and Dark formulas, I am very familiar with what the brand has done,or in some ways prevented to be done to my clothing. I love the Dark Woolite for jeans and I use the formula with my $10 pairs to my "I feel guilty buying jeans at this price" pairs of jeans. Woolite protects my jeans from fading and keeps their color and hues true. Their texture remains just like the day I bought them. I admit it, I like the feel of N-E-W! I also wash any shirts or blouses that lean more towards the darker tones than the lights with the Dark formula.

Woolite's Everyday formula is perfect for everything else and even when I run out of the Dark formula, I prefer to wash what I care for in Woolite versus another detergent. I no longer just separate by delicate and non-delicate, I separate by what I want to last longer no matter how little or how much I paid for it. If I want it to last, I put it in Woolite's care.

Crowdtap sent me 10 sample sized packets for my guests and I to use. Each packet contained enough for one full load, so very generous. I kindly asked guests to bring their most loved articles of clothing from sweaters, blouses, jeans to even vintage shirts. Each guest brought between 3 to 5 garments. As guests arrived, I used our prettier wicker hampers and separated by like colors. Some guests brought clean clothing that they had washed with their own detergent, while others wanted to also see how clean Woolite can get their clothes. I invited 10 guests and had 12 arrive, so those hampers filled quickly!

I wanted everyone to have fun while everything washed and we did good separating everything into 3 full loads. It was fun seeing how some of my friends seem to be color blind because they swore something was dark when it was not. We resorted to voting to squash that debate! That resulted into many giggling moments while we made piles and redid others. The first load goes in and being that at this point we lost the guys to outside, we washed the pinks first and figured they get that for abandoning us :) Below is a cute shirt I received for my birthday and it was it's first wash. Just like new and you can see the black lace remained dark while the pink was perfectly clean. I love how it retained it's shape because some fabrics tend to lose it quickly. Love that Vintage look and even though it cost $8.00, I still want it in my closet making me smile :), versus frowning :( because it aged so quickly.

DSCN1635

Another shirt from a guest in the pink colored load is the shirt below. Not only does the wrap have lace, but there are small intricate beads sewn within the laced pattern.  No job is too hard for Woolite's Everyday detergent!

DSCN1634

The next colors were the blues and below is a silk shirt that has long sleeves and ruffles at the end. Perfect for Spring and this was a shirt that was clean already but after hanging it in the closet for a couple seasons, it needed a refresh wash. We washed these articles of clothing under the "quick wash" setting and Woolite Everyday did not miss a beat! Everything smelled clean and once this shirt air dried, you could not tell it is over a decade old! That is a decade of only being washed with Woolite from when it was just the "Original" formula to now the "Everyday", I do not trust it with any other brand.

DSCN1636

The jeans below are from a guest named Mary and you can see the pockets are ornate and you have to be careful on how you wash these. We flipped all the jeans inside out and this preserves their color but also keeps those embellishments on the pockets from banging in the wash. They could break, crack or just come off, so taking those two extra seconds to turn them inside out is really worth it! These jeans I was told the fabric tends to lose it's shape with wear but after Mary wore them for 14 hours, the waist remained intact and she did not get that bunching effect like with her former detergent. Mary has purchased a Woolite bottle at Costco, so she went for the warehouse sized bottle and is not messing around!  Great tip I shared with guests, I use hangers for baby clothes to hang my jeans with.  They are perfect in size and compact!  I rewarded my guests each with a pack to take home, along with their Woolite packet.

DSCN1637

Being that Winter has left us, many of us in California have been experiencing a mix of weather with April showers arriving in March to windy afternoons. This wet and cold weather makes it hard to put the sweaters away for good but here we are trying to hopefully give them the final wash so maybe...just maybe we can see them until Autumn. I love my sweaters but I dislike a cold and chilly morning to then be regretting by the sunny afternoon on why I wore a sweater. Below are two sweaters we washed and they are wool blends. Just like new and still nice and soft. I love how Woolite Everyday smells, the scent is just so clean and the colors even if they are dark, they still remain vibrant!

DSCN1638

I can't have my guests starve and I bought meat to grind, so I could make burgers. Bought everything and even remembered the pickles! Guess, what I forgot? The hamburger buns but my "oops" will now be remembered because in a moment of desperation, I cut a Challah loaf into buns. Challah bread tends to be high so I cut the bread twice, reserving the middle portion for later use (croutons to even making french toast). We toasted the buns on the grill (experiencing light rain so we used a grill pan inside) and they are the best burger buns I have ever had! My oops means I no longer will be purchasing hamburger buns. As it is, I usually use Sourdough bread or even a French Bread (sliced) because I prefer buying a bread that can serve multiple uses.....sort of how Woolite Everyday does when it comes to clothing, no longer just for delicate. That said, I end this with go beyond the bun and use Woolite Everyday, well for your Everyday clothes :)

DSCN1540

Plates from guests and I also encouraged healthy eating by making a salad with pumpkin seeds, cranberries and a poppy seed dressing. The salad was mixed baby greens with spinach and avocado.  Some guests skipped on the salad and loaded their plates with more curly fries, which I baked in the oven.  Burgers had a New York White Cheddar cheese with Gorgonzola crumbles and bacon.

DSCN1539

Crowdtap and Woolite's generosity allowed my guests to leave with samples to use at home, coupons, and they included a Visa pre-paid card to help the host with party costs. I am not obligated to provide a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion. My opinion is based on my experiences with a brand and may differ from yours.  Want to throw a party like mine?  Join Crowdtap and become a member at no cost at http://www.crowdtap.com .  Also, don't forget to check out Woolite at http://www.woolite.us/ ; on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WooliteUS ; Twitter: @WooliteUS or on Pinterest at: http://pinterest.com/wooliteus/.  You can great ideas from laundry care to the latest fashion trends!  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment