Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pantene Pro-V AgeDefy Collection for Hair

I gave these products a good 2 1/2 weeks and my hair thanks me for it. I shared a posting earlier about the beautiful kit I received from Kred (www.Kred.com) and again recommend giving Kred a try!  They reward you for being Y-O-U!  Kred has great rewards for the family and I say family because even my dog got her own water bottle (Kred & Purina perk)!

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Shampoo, Conditioner, and Treatment
As much as we all hate to admit it, we're getting older. Somethings are losing their bounce, their luster, their shine. Like our hair. (Eyes up here, boys!) And some of us ladies are willing to throw big bucks at products that will reverse the signs of aging. Thankfully, I found something that helps turn back the hands of time without breaking the bank. Enter Pantene, partnered with Olay, and their Pro-V Expert Collection of hair care products.

DSCN1369

Pantene Pro_V Expert Collection AgeDefy Shampoo is step one. It says it helps fight the "7 Signs of Aging", like breakage, split ends, frizz, unruly grays, lackluster color, thinning and dryness. I like this product. Being a fan of Olay products, seeing their name on the label put the proverbial foot in the door for me. It's gentle enough for every day use, as well as for color-treated hair. There is a nice, floral fragrance that holds strong for several days after washing. It lathers thickly, so a little bit goes a long way! No build-up that I have noticed and even my fly-aways seem more manageable, as I have very long, fine hair. But what's a shampoo with out a conditioner? That's like cookies without the milk, so on to...

 

DSCN1370

Pantene Pro-V Expert collection AgeDefy Conditioner for Step 2. Olay and Pantene have pulled out all the stops here, and it shines through in shinier, fuller hair. Like I said before, I have fine hair that's prone to build-up with heavy conditioners, but again this one is light enough for regular use. Great scent, too. It also kept my hair from breaking, so expect a few less hairs in the drain, ladies. We can all appreciate that! But wait! There's more!

 

DSCN1363

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Thickening Treatment, is step three, and for me this one misses the boat a bit.  For starters, you have to use quite a bit of it, and at nearly $16.00 a bottle, it's more expensive than some of the salon treatments that treat a broad spectrum of hair issues.  While the results are satisfactory, rounding out the hair care treatment nicely, it is cost prohibitive for a lot of people to use regularly.  So while I like it and it works as advertised, you might think about a couple other brands more competitively priced to round out this routine.  A coupon may make the sting ache less, so that can also be an option when it comes to future purchases.

DSCN1368

Back of treatment box (above)

 

DSCN1373

DSCN1382

(Back of card with haircare tips)

The kit also included a card with tips on haircare and it was suppose have a headband but mine was missing it.  My box was factory sealed so it just got overlooked but I have hairbands, so not a huge loss.  A ProX skin Analyzer and a $5.00 off coupon was also added.  The box also included a great Olay product for deep wrinkles, which I will be reviewing next week.....so stay tuned as I turn younger!

DSCN1306


 

No comments:

Post a Comment