Friday, September 13, 2013

Peeled Snacks: Apple Clusters in Cinnamon Crunch

DSCN3467

Apple Clusters in Cinnamon Crunch

Peeled Snacks came up with their own version of delicious clusters because we all have had that craving that can only be satisfied by something crunchy. This snack is 0% in fat and preservatives. I love the simplicity of the ingredients, as you have Organic Apples, Organic Apple Juice concentrate, Organic Potato starch and Organic Cinnamon. That is all! No fillers or fats to interrupt that apple munching. Each bag comes with 4 servings, which comes to 1/4 cup for each serving and only 60 calories. That is snacking without the penalty!

DSCN3470

Taste and Texture:

Each ball is made up of these little squares that are made from the potato starch (as a binder) and just absorbed the apples and juice, with just a hint of cinnamon. The apple clusters come in Cinnamon and I like from the start when you open the bag, you are not overwhelmed by the spice and the cinnamon is used as it should be, to compliment the apple not drown it. The clusters are shaped into these bite size balls that are just fun to pop in your mouth. The apple flavor is intensely real and there is no "faux" anything in your mouth when you eat these clusters. I could not believe the amount of apple flavor that came from them and it was delicious and balanced well, not super sweet. You get tartness and the crunch imitates well the idea of biting into apple pieces. I liked that the balls were not hard and broke apart with one bite. No oats or grit left behind because again no fillers that get in the way of your snacking.

DSCN3469

I would definitely buy these because I found myself popping and indulging in them as I typed this review. Most times I behave and try a product and then type but because these left my hands clean and I craved more, I sort of caught myself going back to the bag several times. The snack is very low in calories for what I now refer to as my simple apple pie bites! As with all Peeled Snacks, the product is USDA Organic, Gluten free and zero grams of fat. You get only 10 grams per serving of sugar and 0% sodium. I can already imagine this being my movie night go to snack and on Saturday these clusters will be saying, "Hello" to my yogurt and I call that having my apple pie a la mode!

DSCN3468

Please check out Peeled Snacks and their other Clusters at:

  • Available at you favorite retailer, from Amazon.com to Starbuck's, so you can get your Peeled fix at anytime

  • Save 10% on your first order if you sign-up for their Newsletter, so you can keep up with Peeled Snacks adventures (also savings); http://peeledsnacks.com/

  • The Fruits at Peeled Snacks also tweet, so check them out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeeledSnacks

  • Very social fruit and even have a Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/Peeled

  • Maybe you are into pictures and Peeled Snacks are not shy, so check them out on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/peeledsnacks/


 

I received the above product free of charge from Peeled Snacks.  I am not obligated in providing a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the products, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment