Thursday, September 12, 2013

Peeled Snacks: Paradise Found Fruit

As a few of you may recall, I tried the Peeled Fruit Mango Snacks and wrote a not too favorable review. I felt bad because going by everything the company advertised, the product was below my expectations and obviously not the common experience, so my guilt made me reach out when I launched my review.

Just like I expected the Mango to taste, is just like how the people at Peeled Snacks treated me, NICE! I received a very kind response and they sent a beautiful array of snacks for me to share with you.

You will notice that Peeled Snacks keep things simple and I like that. The less you mess with my food, the better it will taste to me and I seek these types of foods for my family. These fruits are described as "gently dried", so you don't get that dried fruit like I recall when I was a child, drenched in a sugar bath and gummy. Peeled snacks take a step further and are USDA Organic certified, Non Genetically Modified, All Natural and Gluten Free. You can see why I was lured by Peeled Snacks because the idea of food like this just tends to draw me in!

Let's get started.....

DSCN3456

Paradise Found

The Paradise Found features a mix blend of Organic Bananas, Organic Mango and Organic Pineapple. You look at the ingredient list and it matches the contents, just the fruit and NO SUGAR added. You can see by the picture below that the fruit slices and pieces have a pleasant look and resemble exactly what they are with no artificial anything. I call it Naked Fruit!

DSCN3459

Taste and Texture: First, you do smell a nice fruity scent that can be described as tropical so it is properly named Paradise. The banana slices are just delicious and not mushy in texture or leathery, just soft and when you chew, the taste does satisfy the craving. Great in yogurt to even cereal. I liked the bananas so much and felt they were better than the dehydrated type you usually find in markets as "cereal toppers", so I was glad with the large amount provided in the mix.

Next comes the Pineapple and one thing that always got to me with Pineapple in this manner, was that because it is a fibrous fruit, when they would dry and sugar them, you got this horrible crystallization crunch that drowned any pineapple that was left from the over-processing. Not with Peeled Snacks! The pineapple tastes and varies just like it does in nature. One bite may be sweeter and the other may have more of the bitter notes and I like that variety in my fruit.

The Mango is much better in this mix and I enjoyed how each fruit tastes like it's own even though they share a bag, they don't blend in flavors. The Mango is peeled pieces and tender when you bite. Sweet and completes the tropical blend perfectly and this is coming from someone who is not a Mango lover but more a liker:)

Stay tuned for my Peeled Snacks Apple Clusters in Cinnamon Crunch coming very soon, plus much more from this great company!

In the meantime please check out Peeled Snacks at:

  • Available at you favorite retailer, from Amazon.com to Starbuck's, so you can get your Peeled fix at anytime

  • Save 10% on your first order if you sign-up for their Newsletter, so you can keep up with Peeled Snacks adventures (also savings); http://peeledsnacks.com/

  • The Fruits at Peeled Snacks also tweet, so check them out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeeledSnacks

  • Very social fruit and even have a Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/Peeled

  • Maybe you are into pictures and Peeled Snacks are not shy, so check them out on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/peeledsnacks/


I received the above product free of charge from Peeled Snacks.  I am not obligated in providing a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the products, which may differ from yours.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you had a better experience with these. So did you try the mango again? Was it just a bad batch or just not the flavor for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a faulty batch because they sent another Mango and the texture and flavor were very different and actually good. I am very happy with this company and love being able to snack but not feel guilty that I do. I think my level of satisfaction is also high because the Peeled Snacks are delicious, so you don't feel like you compromised.

    ReplyDelete