Sunday, December 29, 2013

Swaggable: Farmer's Market Lemongrass Lemon Soap by Beaumont Products, Inc

When I received this bar of soap, the first thing I noticed was the aromatic scent it left in my mailbox. The scent is strong but very pleasant and not just because it's soap, the bar has a very clean and welcoming smell.

You will notice by the ingredients listed below, that this soap is made with ingredients you can pronounce, recognize and friendly to not only a human but the environment :) My take has always been that I will opt for an environment friendly product as long as it performs equal or better than the science created one. I watch my chemicals closely because not everything from a lab will hurt you but unfortunately some may, and especially with long term use. This soap is as friendly as it gets and so far has passed the nose test but how does it leave my skin?

LEMONGRASS BASIL Ingredients (as listed from their site):
Organic sodium palmate, organic sodium cocoate, aqua, organic and natural glycerine, sodium citrate, organic essential oils: ocimum basilicum (basil) oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) oil, organic butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, organic elaeis guineensis (palm) butter, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, organic vaccinium angustifolium (blueberry) fruit and organic persea gratissima (avocado).

DSCN3790

Performance Test:
I first tested the bar out by simply washing my hands in case the oils the scent derives from would be too strong. The bar lathers quickly and with very little product needed. I was able to get a nice foam within a few seconds, which lasted and that meant not needing to go back to the bar to sustain the lather. I washed for 1 minute and then rinsed the soap off. I dislike soaps that leave a film that when you rinse, it feels like nothing came off the hand and you actually feel more dirty than when you washed. Thankfully, this is not one of those soaps! Yes, my hands felt soft but remained breathable. The scent left behind is that of clean and you are not left with a "perfume-y" cloud emitting from your finger tips. The shea butter in the soap left my skin supple and soft!

DSCN3793

Final Results:
I used the soap for a week and the bar barely looks used and that means the product will last long. I am an "Ivory girl" because I enjoy a clean feeling and not bars that are supposed to feel like you washed your hands with lotion. This bar left my hands soft, hydrated and actually help combat the dry hands I get in Winter from over washing. No oily residue left behind that you then spread onto everything you touch and I also judge a soap's build-up by how my sink looks within that week I used the bar. My sink was also residue free and left clean! I saw that Farmer's Market has other scents and like Blackberry Preserves, Apple Orchard to even Pumpkin Spice and Unscented. I will share that I kept the box and once the soap dries, I put it back in and it makes the bathroom smell really nice, so that was another positive I found welcoming.

Farmer's Market soap retails for $4.99 a bar and are made in the U.S.A

Connect with Farmer's Market Soaps:

  • On-line Store- http://farmersmarket.beaumontproducts.com/farmers-market-soap/farmers-market-bar-soaps

  • Store Locator- http://app.xtremelocator.com/custom/beaumont/

  • Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/farmersmarketsoap

  • Twitter-https://twitter.com/farmersmrktsoap


DSCN3791

I received the above product from Swaggable and Beaumont Products, Inc., free of charge. I am not obligated in providing positive/favorable feedback, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the brand and/or it's products, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment