Sunday, January 5, 2014

BzzAgent: Kroger/ Ralph's Classic Garlic Bread

DSCN3825

Located in the Fresh Bakery section of your local Ralph's grocery store, you will find a french style loaf that is packaged in a foil covered bag. The loaf is large enough for a family to enjoy with two meals! Very easy to warm up in your oven and it's ready to go with no preparation needed. Neat.

Overall Taste and Texture:
I liked the bread itself as it had a wonderful crust and was light and fluffy towards the center. The spread is suppose to resemble a garlic one, however I did not smell much garlic when I checked out the loaf before baking. I smelled oils and what you would describe a very light garlic-ey scent that seemed more like what you find in seasonings (powdered). After heating, I sliced the bread and again did not detect a rich smell that makes you almost drool when you have garlic bread in front of you. I usually sneak a bite in before serving but the spread was so fluorescent yellow in coloring, that it did not pique my appetite. When I lifted the top portion from the bottom, I noticed the "butter" was more oil than anything.....maybe it's a margarine? I felt the spread sort of was a negative compared to how the bread itself is. I would definitely purchase a loaf of bread to go with a meal but I am sticking to plain on this one!

I received the above product free of charge from BzzAgent and Ralph's.  I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment