Monday, January 6, 2014

BzzAgent: Kroger/ Ralph's Skillet Sausage Rigatoni Meal

Located in the freezer section of your local Ralph's, these 10 to 15 minute meals are a one-dish quick way to have dinner ready and set! You just choose what you are craving and you have a large selection to pick from. In the mood for Mexican, you have Chicken Fajitas. Craving something with an Asian flair? Well, Ralph's has you covered with a filling Shrimp Lo-Mein. You perhaps want Italian or Mediterranean, you have Tuscan-style Penne, Sausage Rigatoni or Penne with Grilled Chicken.  I even saw a Chicken Florentine!

DSCN4034

Overall Taste and Texture:

I went for the Sausage Rigatoni and I can say Ralph's was fully stocked with all the selections available and a healthy quantity.

Directions can't get simpler and faster with these one-skillet meals. You open the bag, add it to your pan and cook. No butter or oils need to be added!  I worry with pasta based frozen dishes because many tend to come out with a less desired texture but after the meal was cooked, the pasta was al-dente and had a pleasing texture. You get a good portion of sausage and these meals serve 2 to 3 people. I can say that we were full after splitting the meal in half and I actually did not finish my entire serving. I did add fresh (roma) tomatoes 5 minutes before the meal was ready, along with some fresh parsley. After the entree was finished, I added a topping of fresh basil and parmesan reggiano before serving. I was satisfied with the meal and so was my Husband. For those moments when time is not on your side, you can use a little help from Ralph's Skillet Meals and I like that you can personalize the meal by adding ingredients.

DSCN3824

I received the above product free of charge from BzzAgent and Ralph's. I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment