Monday, August 11, 2014

100% Natural Just Fruit Bars are all right with me!

JustFruit-Logo

 

I can vividly remember walking with my parents through many a supermarket's produce sections, and seeing the fruit rolls cleverly merchandised there along side the fruit from whence it came. And while those rolled, pressed fruit pancakes were yummy, they were quickly replaced by processed, preservative laden junk they scarcely resembled the natural fruity goodness of roll-ups gone past.

IMAG1032

Enter Gorge Delights, Inc.'s 100% Natural Just Fruit bars. The first thing you notice is the ingredient list. Fruit and fruit juice concentrate. That's it. No binders, fillers, caking agents, or science experiments that make my google spit out complex molecular formulas describing what should resemble and taste like food. Even if it really doesn't anymore.

 

IMAG1034

Gorge Delight changed the landscape here going back to nature with these tasty treats. So many flavors, flavor combinations and treats, it's hard to pick only one as my favorite, let alone just review one bar at a time. See, I was kinda a bad girl, and nibbled each bar. Hubby took great big hubby-sized chunks out that he called "bites'. They are good, good for you, natural, look yummy, and be baked with ;-) So I'll do one big Über-review.

[gallery type="rectangular" ids="3874,3875,3876,3877,3878,3879,3880,3881" orderby="rand"]

It's also nice that the fruit claimed in the front is the fruit listed on the reverse. Far too often I had fallen prey to labels shouting out "Berries!" "Pomegranate!" "Tropical fruits!" and the turn it around to see apple juice, pear juice and white grape juice making up the bulk of the product, with a token spritz of whatever they claimed on the front. Not so with Gorge Delight. You see Apple-Blueberry on the front, you see apple and blueberry listed on the back. No more bait-n-switch, and I love that. Cranberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries raspberries, pears and apples. That's it. How nice is that? And each one tastes better than the last. No oily fingers, no cellophane, just fruity goodness free of added sugars, wheat, dairy, nuts, gluten or added salts. No preservatives, gmo-free, fat free, soy free and made the USA. There's nothing to not like. Each 40 gram bar is only 140 calories to boot. Almost to good to be true, but thankfully very true. I don't even crave the old fruit rolls any more. How 'bout them apples (and pears, and blueberries, and raspberries, and cranberries, and cherries...)?

IMAG1342

 

Connect with Gorge Delights

 

IMAG1344

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Gorge Delights, Inc..  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment