Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ozeri's Green Earth Frying Pan 3-Piece Set

Ozeri
I always have my cookware radar tuned for a decent set of non-stick pans because let's face it, they just don't last anymore and eating the non-stick coating is bad for your health. And I don't care what anyone says, there's always a place in my kitchen for a good non-stick pan because there are times you just want the ease, simplicity and convenience of warm, cook, wash and go. I was so looking forward to Ozeri's Green Earth frying pan set, especially since I recently tested and loved their other Green Earth pan so much.
DSC_1079
But while there are definitely some areas where this set will shine, it fell pretty short of the mark I set for a must-buy pan set. For starters, the Greblon ceramic non-stick coating is slick and probably the most non-stick of any pan I've had, ever. But that is a double edged sword, in that while nothing stuck at all ever, it also would not brown or even remotely sear anything to save it's life. And I know what you're saying, you don't buy non-stick to sear anything, but every non-stick pan I've had since the mid-90's has allowed me to get a decent bit of browning on the meats I cooked in them, even the prior Ozeri Green Earth ceramic non-stick pan, but not any pan in this set. Even the Asian-inspired Fried Rice from Trader Joe's would get a crispy crust on the bottom, but not in these pans. If I had to hazard a guess, the waffle-like texture on the pan's surface might create air pockets while cooking that does enhance the non stick properties but also won't allow any decent browning. So, things like scrambled eggs and pancakes might be dynamite in this pan, but browning meats will just not happen. The pan washed up like a dream and the heat-resistant silicone handles on these pans are oven safe to 350 degrees and make handling even the hottest pan no problem. The slippery non-stick coating is 100% PTFE, PFOA and APEO free, which means no heavy metals or chemicals were used to manufacture it, which means it's a healthier alternative to older generations of non-stick pans. The pan is light thanks to cast aluminum construction, and while it heats quickly and evenly, the heat does quickly dissipate. You get a 12", 10", and 8" size pan in this set,so there's a size there to accommodate any size household.


There are some real nice features to these pans and I can totally see them being indispensable for certain cooking styles and certain kitchens, but unfortunately mine just isn't one of them. It's pretty rare when an Ozeri product is a miss like this for me, but I'll grade them on the curve and say that while it doesn't work for me, it might work better for others, and as always, you just can't beat Ozeri's dedication to customer service. They stand behind their products 100% and customer satisfaction is their number 1 priority, so I encourage you to give these pans a try and see if they work for you!Let's not forget the included "value added" green felt pan cozies, which make storage simple and easy allowing you to "nest" you pans without any feat of damaging the ceramic non-stick surface!
DSC_1080

Get in touch with Ozeri’s family of products:

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Ozeri. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment