Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Beanfields Bean & Rice Chips in Nacho, Pico de Gallo, Sea Salt, Unsalted, and Salt N' Pepper

Let me preface this by saying that mine is not a "Chip" household. We don't buy a lot of potato chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, or cheese puffs. It's just not our preference. So to fall so much in love with Beanfields Bean & Rice Chip's floored my husband and I both. The taste, the texture, the quality...I could go on for days. So instead I'll just highlight the best of the brand, and hope I do justice to this wonderful food.

DSCN1629

I got my introduction to this brand through the "Love with Food" box I got in February. Included was a little sample bag of Beanfields Bean & Rice "Pico de Gallo" flavored chips. I kind of passed them over at first, because, hey, chips are chips, right? Big mistake. Hubby and I dove in like 2 staving people after the first taste. The flavor dust had barely been wiped from our lips when I decided I should contact Beanfields and see what else they had to offer and where I could get more! A wonderful person from Beanfields replied and said they'd be sending me a variety to sample and review for my blog! Zounds and gadzooks!! What an awesome company! When the package arrived it was like Christmas in March, and oh, the presents we did get!

A few asides about Beanfields before we dive in. This is a family-owned, farmed and made in the USA company. All natural, Non-GMO Project Verified, vegan, low-sodium, gluten free, corn free, dairy free, soy free, no fillers, no binders, no artificial colors or flavors, no trans fats, no cholesterol, high fiber, high protein snack. Wow. All that's left for Beanfields is cold fusion.   Take the time to check them out because your taste buds will thank you!





So, without further ado, let me introduce what will hopefully become a pantry staple for every person who reads this blog: the multiple-award winning Beanfields Bean & Rice Chips, in 5 mouthwatering varieties!!

DSCN1865

Up first, and our favorite, Salt N' Pepper.

Oh. My. Gosh. Out of the park, on the first swing. Great flavor, great texture. We had to stop ourselves from polishing off the entire 6 ounce bag. Strong enough to dip, tasty enough to not. The first thing that hits you when you finish is, it's not greasy or oily in any way. Not on your fingers, not in your mouth, nowhere.  And then it hits you: these chips are made from beans! Not corn, like just about everything else in the market. The ingredients are simple, too: Beans, rice, oil, and flavorings. And lo and behold, I can pronounce everything. How's that for awesome?

DSCN1866

Close up of Salt N' Pepper Chips

Next up, Pico de Gallo.


DSCN1867
Another winner, and a close second. Another great flavor with an ingredient list that doesn't read like a science experiment. Simple ingredients like onion powder, green bell pepper powder, celery powder, garlic powder, tomato powder...Hey, I've got all this stuff in my fridge and pantry! I don't need a PhD in chemistry to understand what it is I'm putting in my mouth! And the best part is, you can taste that someone put a lot of thought into this chip. Not just about how to get you to buy and eat more of them, but on how to make it taste good. I appreciate that, and I think you will too.

With that we move on to the Sea Salt bag.DSCN1630

K.I.S.S. comes to mind. No, not "I Wanna Rock-n-Roll All Night", you goofy husband. Keep ISuper Simple. It should be the mantra if every person who makes food for yourself, your family, or your job. But very few people do it, and fewer still do it well. Beanfield's get's it 100% right. And they're three for three. You can taste the richness of the beans, the long grain rice. And the salt. Oh, did I mention that aside from a little oil, that's all that's in these chips!! Holy cow, it seems so simple, but it's an amazing snack experience, from the first bite to the last. I can't wait for the next flavor.DSCN1631

Close up of Sea Salt Chips

Luckily, I don't have to, so it's on to Unsalted!

DSCN1661

Do these people do anything halfway? Even with the lack of flavorings, the ingredients shine through. The perfect dip chip that goes with anything. You got salsa? Good to go. You've got queso? Go for it. Spinach artichoke? Bring it. This chip handles them all.  Want it on it's own for a guilt free snack? This chip has your back. I can see how Beanfields won so many awards. Nothing but beans, rice, and a little oil, and it still taste like a million bucks.  I had a nice green Tomatillo salsa with these and it was delicious.

Now, let's see if Beanfields goes 5 for 5 with Nacho flavor.

DSCN1652

Beanfields included some materials for us in the package of yum. One of them mentioned that this flavor a Best of Show award, and labeled this the Vegan answer to Doritos. It's arguably the market leader in this category. And let me tell you, that this comparison sells Beanfields short. Because this chip leaves Doritos in the dust. Orange colored, salty fatty dust. You'll never look at a Dorito the same way again, realizing Beanfields chumps them. Hard. While this was our least favorite of the five, it's head and shoulders over the usual suspects you'll find in the market. And let's not forget it's still a simple ingredient list populated entirely with things you know, understand and can pronounce. Beanfields is a winner, five out of five. I can't remember a company that I loved everything they make.

DSCN1628
You owe it to yourself to seek Beanfields out and try them for yourself.  You're doing yourself a disservice not doing it. You'll wonder how you went this long without them!

I received the above products free of charge from the manufacture.  I am not obligated in providing a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the products, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment