Saturday, April 27, 2013

Influenster brings you the New Aveeno Active Naturals, Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream

DSCN1935

Being a member of Influenster (www.influenster.com) has it's perks from receiving and reviewing items, to the large database they have with reviews from members on pretty much anything from beauty items to snack foods.

DSCN1937

I received the Aveeno Active Naturals, Positively Radiant Intensive Night cream with vitamin B3. The products features 5 factors that will boost your Radiance. What I like already are the claims listed on the package that the cream will improve:

  • Tone

  • Dullness

  • Brown Spots

  • Texture

  • Blotichness


The vitamin B3, also known as Niacinamide is featured in many beauty products and this is why:
Niacinamide improves the appearance of aging and has a soothing calming effect. You will notice acne products also contain this ingredient because of the inflammation associated with those nasty blemishes, to products made to combat the dryness associated with Rosacea. Niacinamide, also helps the skin produce less facial oils and this may help acne suffers too. Vitamin B3, stimulates the production of collagen and this helps with fine lines and wrinkles. It improves the surface of the face by usually combining the B3 vitamin with other ingredients, for better absorption and Aveeno has done this with this night cream.

DSCN1939

The directions are simple, you just smooth cream over entire cleansed face and neck. I used a quarter size and found that was sufficient for overall coverage and even though this is a cream with impressive claims, it is not heavy or oily on the face.

I have been an Aveeno user for years and every time Costco has the Aveeno body lotion in their coupon book, I am there to stock up. Their products are mild but also effective. If the bottle states something will last for 24 hour, it does!

DSCN1938

I went into this testing trial with high expectations when it came to the proven results and used the product for a total of two weeks. I was impressed already by the Total Soy-Complex added because of the benefits associated with soybeans, but also the price point. Target stores has this product priced at an affordable $14.99 per unit and each bottle has 1.7 ounces.

DSCN1936

The Results:

I have combination skin and that in itself can be challenging because what satisfies the dry areas, usually annoys my oily ones. The normal areas of my skin just flaunt and ignore what is happening to the rest of me! Having skin with such an attitude frustrates me. I find myself "patting" my face with different creams for each "type" of skin that sometimes I confuse what I have on my left or right hand and figure at that point, I just pat lightly all over my face and hope whatever lands anywhere will help. Aveeno's Intensive Night cream took the game away and thank goodness because I was about to just have a fit and flip that game board over. The cream is good no matter if it lands in Oily-ville or the Dry-lands of my face. Again, Normal-place just ignores the rest of me. I found on week #1 that my face looked the same from my forehead to my chin. My cheeks tend to be sensitive and because I suffer from environmental allergies, I'm sure that is from doing what I am not suppose to do, rub my eyes. The reddish inflammation I experience was minimized drastically so that "punchy eyed" look was lessened. My skin reflected a more even tone both in texture and appearance. Okay, so far I see no reason to stop usage.

Week #2: I find myself happy because I have not experienced any clogged pores or residue build up from Aveeno's Intensive Night Cream. I can say my face is not dull and has a glow that seems to last through out the day and after I wash my face, so it's not just the product making me believe I have it through application. I have some freckles on my cheeks and they are the same color as before I began the cream, so for brown spots that come from freckles or post-acne marks, I did not notice anything when it came to changes there. I say for getting 4 out of the 5 claims with just a two week use, it is a great night cream to add to the make-up bag at the $15 price point. You add a coupon at time of purchase and that makes me smile more......but not too much because I'm fighting fine lines here people!

DSCN1941

I received the above product free of charge from Influenster.  I am not obligated in providing positive/favorable feedback, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product, which may differ from yours.  Need more information on Aveeno: Visit their Facebook page at- https://www.facebook.com/aveeno?fref=ts or on-line at- http://www.aveeno.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment