Friday, May 9, 2014

Fior di Frutta by Rigoni di Asiago: Apricot Fruit Spread with Honey Goat Cheese Rustic Bread #Recipe

 

IMAG1011

I don't usually start blogging about a sample sized item I receive but the people at Rigoni di Asiago were kind enough to not only send me bottles of their delicious Nocciolata spread, an apron and the cutest shopping bag that folds into a hazelnut, but among the goodies were these samples of their fruit spreads. After being so joyous about finding my Hazelnut & Cocoa spread, a few days later I opened one of the two flavors they sent. I got a few Apricot ones and one Blueberry, so I went to open the one I had most of. The spread packet states their spreads are sweetened with just apple juice. I taste it and it's like someone just plucked an apricot in it's prime, smashed it a little and there you go. I would think someone giving me smashed fruit would make me unhappy but not this kind. I enjoyed it so much that I had to bake with it. I had just come from the store with fresh goat cheeses (sale got me!) and the honey version just started speaking to me, so here goes a recipe because I was so impressed with the Fior di Frutta sample in Apricot!

IMAG1014

Let's Begin.....

  • Take 5 1/2 ounces of the "Almost Whole Wheat Rustic Bread" (Recipe here- http://wp.me/p2B5Rd-Sr)

  • 2 Tablespoons of the Fior di Frutta fruit spread in Apricot

  • 1/2 an ounce of Honey Goat Cheese (fresh and soft kind) and I went by weight, not volume.

  • Warm water mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing


Make the dough as instructed and when completed, take the dough and spread it out flat so it can be filled.

[gallery ids="3409,3410"]

Then spread the Apricot Fruit Spread

[gallery ids="3423,3411"]

Crumble the fresh Honey Goat Cheese

[gallery ids="3412,3413"]

Roll and tuck the ends

[gallery ids="3414,3415"]

Let rest for 20 minutes

While resting, put a dish with water in the oven and turn it on to 450 degrees. I baked mine with the convection going. I also use a glass pie dish because I am starting the oven with the water already in, versus using the pouring when hot method.

IMAG0621

 

Mix warm water with a touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and brush loaf. I got creative and did a hash design when it came to slashing the dough. I figure try something different. I just cut an angle one-way and then the other to create a "diamond" like pattern.

[gallery ids="3416,3417"]

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done in a 450 degree oven.

IMAG0651

Allow bread to cool before slicing, since losing cheese is no fun. I had mine about 8 hours later and this goes great with a fruit and cheese tray, with wine, with a salad or just as is. Enjoy!

IMAG0655

 

Some wonderful facts about the Apricot Fruit Spread:

IMAG1013

 

Get your Fruit Spread!  The Fior di Frutta line has one or like for me, I like them all:

  • On-line- http://rigonidiasiago-usa.com/our-products/fiordifrutta/organic-fruit-spread-apricot/

  • Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/RigonidiAsiagoUSA

  • Twitter- https://twitter.com/NocciolataUSA

  • Pinterest- http://www.pinterest.com/nocciolata/

  • Instagram- http://instagram.com/nocciolatausa

  • Also available for sale on Amazon


IMAG0654

 

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Rigoni di Asiago.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

[caption id="attachment_3426" align="aligncenter" width="300"]IMAG1015 Told you the bag was super adorable![/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment