Friday, March 18, 2016

Pinjian "ultimate" Resistance Band Set

I've rarely been so completely down on a product that I've returned it. Then again, I've rarely been actually, physically hurt by a product either. Pinjian (or PJian, if the label on the actual product is correct) holds the dubious distinction of being the first in both categories.
DSC_0966
This review will be short, because I don't believe in expending much effort on a product review or a company if they don't warrant it. We've used resistance bands in this house for many, many years. I even got Hubby a big, fancy set from Black Mountain products a few years back. It's still going strong, but rubber, like all things made nowadays, isn't made to last forever, so I thought a set to replace it was due. And while Pinjian seemed to have copied the look of the other set, the quality was terrible. On my first try with one of the bands (Black, I think), the little plastic stopper failed, the sheath peeled and the band snapped back and hit me on the chest. I was done right then and there, but Hubby persisted and found that two others did the same thing in short order. What's worse is the "strength" of the bands is labeled all wrong, and while Hubby is not the strongest fella out there, he should not have been able to easily curl all the bands on the handles at once, because if their "pound" ratings are to be believed, he magically gained the ability to freely curl, for about 15 reps, over 100lbs with no real effort. Until two more bands snapped on him. Ouch. (His description of the incident, was, shall we say, more "colorful". I shall not print his missive here)
DSC_0967
This set was dangerous, and upon letting them know what happened on Amazon, the reply was a thundering silence. So, bad product, dangerous product, no customer service or follow up. Thankfully Amazon took the set back with no problems, But this is very dangerous and we're lucky all we ended up with were some red marks and a few shouted expletives. Nothing got broken and no blood was drawn, but I would avoid this set at all costs.
DSC_0965
I received the above product(s) free of charge from Pinjian. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment