Saturday, January 30, 2016

Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator and Flosser

gurinlogo


From time to time, we get to try products we've been curious about for years but never pulled the trigger on. This is one of those, and it's one I'm glad we got to try. Gurin's Professional Water Flosser is a great addition to your oral care routine, and at a price that makes it affordable for everyone.
DSC_0825
Brushing your teeth is only one step in a complete oral care routine. Flossing is essential, and I've come to believe a good mouthwash is as well. But a "water flosser" like this Gurin Oral Irridator will also become indespensible when you see all the little bits left behind after brushing and flossing. I know I did. It took a bit to get the hang of it, and I can say from unfortunate experience that the pump is powerful enough to send a stream of water across the room. The three settings are great, from Normal to Soft to "Pulse", there's a setting there for just about everyone's sensitivity levels. And, should you want to be a bit OCD like us in this house, you can use mouthwash as well as water for an extra level of "clean". Keeping your gums healthy is a must for strong teeth that'll last us our entire lives, and this Gurin Professional Water Flosser is a fantastic way to really keep your gums, and by extension, your teeth, healthy and strong. At only $37.95 (at the time of this writing), it's cheaper than a trip to the dentist, too, and much less than products of comparable quality and features, by as much as 2/3! And for those with braces, this is a godsend for getting little bits of food out and keeping your mouth fresh. I WISH there was something like this way back when I had my braces!!
DSC_0826
The battery is rechargeable, and the supplied AC adapter gives the unit a full charge in about 4 hours, and it goes on and on and on from a single charge. I can't see any documentation as to the type of battery used (the Amazon add says "NiCad"), so I would make a point of charging it only when needed and not over-charging or leaving it plugged in for prolonged periods of time. I do wish it was a NiMH or Lithium Ion battery, for longevity's sake. Gurin's Water Flosser also comes with 2 color-coded heads for multiple users, and while you can buy replacement heads on Amazon, contacting Gurin about your first set of replacement heads by email with the subject line "Interested in Free offer for Gurin Oral Irrigator" will get a you a couple of free heads. If I had to take issue with anything about this product, it's that I wish there was a way to "dial down" the volume of liquid that is dispensed, as I found myself dribbling from the chin from time to time. Hubby didn't have as much of an issue, by he has a giant mouth on his big 'ole pumpkin head, so of course he'd have no problems. I would also not recommend ditching the string floss entirely, as this should only be used to supplement your flossing, not replace it entirely. Other than that, this has become an essential part of my daily oral care routine. You should really try it, you won't know how you got along without it!
DSC_0827

Connect with Gurin and their family of products:

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Gurin Products.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment