Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Motion Sensor Light Pro's Socket and LED Bulb Set

I try to stay up on the latest tech and innovations int he home goods department. Sometimes, I see a product that screams “Why didn’t anyone think of this before?!” and sometimes, ones that just make you scratch your head and wonder what the manufacturer was thinking. This one falls somewhere in between.
DSC_0736
I get the point of motion sensor lights, and I very much like them. I like the idea of LED lights, and the real-world savings is undeniable. Combining the two would appear to be a no-brainer, and yet the realization left much to be desired. For starters, it’s large size made it unwieldy in the one place I thought it would work the very best: The bathroom as a nightlight. Alas, our wall socket is too close to the medicine cabinet, making this an impossibility. But, for the few moments it was there, it worked just liked I imagined it would. Be careful to tune the sensitivity/range of the motion sensor, lest it be set off every time someone passes by the door. Other than that, I can’t imagine any other wall socket that isn’t at ankle height and that makes it fairly useless for me. I did like that the controls are such that you can fine tune the length of time it’s on, the distance at which it “picks up” movement, or just for “dawn to dusk”.
DSC_0735
The problems I had with it are the overall usability (I don’t know many people with wall sockets at a height that would make this useful) and the lack of a polarized plug. The LED light it self is a bright, harsh blue-ish almost fluorescent light, and I did switch that out for a soft white LED, which immediately improved the quality of the light. But the included light came on almost instantly, didn’t flicker and was plenty bright.
DSC_0737

Connect with MSL Pro:

I received the above product(s) free of charge from MSL Pro.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment