Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Come join us and Celebrate being Orgullosa with P&G products and you won't leave hungry too!

DSCN1952

Have I told you yet how much I love being part of the Orgullosa family? Well, in the past I have thrown several parties for VocalPoint, which is part of the Procter & Gamble group. Orgullosa is also a division of that group and it's about having pride in our family and heritage. You celebrate by sharing P&G products and hosting an event. These gatherings are always a hit and I usually gather a group of friends and start making memories. At this event, I received several new products and some old favorites to share.

The kit included such brands like Olay, Secret, Crest, Downy, Always, Tampax, Covergirl and Tide.

You get samples and coupons to share with guests, along with trinkets like a folding (compact) mirror and even a fashionable bracelet.

I tried the items out before sharing with guests and because my event was in early May, I went with a Cinco de Mayo/Mother's Day theme. I figure celebrating two holidays equals twice the fun!

Let's get started.....

DSCN2099

Tide Pods- The idea is to only need one capsule to clean a full load. The capsule has three colors, white for the detergent, then orange and blue colored swirls for the stain remover and brightener. I first like how easy it is to use and it's HE safe. The scent is Spring Meadow, which is light and pleasant. I like the aspect of just throwing a pod in the washer with dirty clothes and only worrying about softener. I was skeptical but must admit that my grey colored load came out clean, without any stains on any article of clothing. The clothes also did not feel stiff or stripped, like many detergents tend to be harsh on cottons and linens. This was a favorite with many guests because of the ease of use. We all dislike those heavy detergent boxes and feeling like doing laundry is close to making lab experiments, when you start adding boosters like stain remover, whiteners, brighteners.....you name it. These pods provide a guarantee clean and because the stain remover is included, if I miss a stain it really does not turn into a big deal.

DSCN2103

Downy Unstoppables- I have used these enhancers before and love them. What I had not tried was the "pink" colored scent, which is called Shimmer. Don't worry, your clothes will not be full of glitter but the name refers more to the enticing smell these scent boosters create. They compliment well with the other liquid Downy softeners you purchase, so it's not like throwing in a bottle of perfume with your wash. Think a long lasting clean scent! I love using them on bath mats, towels to bed sheets. They are very easy to use, just shake and pour into the drum, plus it's safe for HE washers. They work so it's hard to stop using them. I also have found other purposes for them like leaving an open packet under the sink and say bye-bye to trash smells. You can also pour some of the flat beads into a tray and keep it in the bathroom. You control how much "boost" you want and I like that because some articles of clothing, like gym clothes needs it! We also found ourselves sniffing the packet and they even encourage it in the stores, where you push on the bottles to smell them.

DSCN2106

Olay 2-in-1 facial cloths- I sometimes can't wait to get home and wash my face and it's not that I don't like make-up, but the experience is like washing the day away. I now know I am home and ready to relax. I have been there where mascaras to lip glosses creating stains on white colored towels so these facial cloths actually save my towels. So effective that they even remove my waterproof mascara! It gets better and because this is an Olay product, it's more than just a "wet nap" for your face. The facial cloths are formulated with pro-vitamin B5, beta-hydroxy and witch hazel. The cleanser not only washes your face effectively in a gentle manner but also tones your skin . I never break out after using the Olay 2-in-1 cloths and it's because the leave my skin clean! Being that this is an Olay product, the girls were fanatic about it. Everyone wanted to know what Olay item P&G had included so eager that I think they did not appreciate me leaving this one to the end to present.

DSCN2109

Always/Tampax Radiant Collection- This item is the end all to having to hide that tampon or pad. I have had those moments when I am hunting for a pen to just have a tampon pop out of my purse. Soooo not pretty! The packet included a purse that allows you to store both tampons and pads neatly. This little purse was created for this purpose so everything fits as it should, brilliant! They also included 1 Always pad, 3 liners and 2 tampons. Orgullosa events really takes care of us and this is one example on why they are so popular. You get introduced to new brands in such a fun way but also take home samples!

DSCN2096

Secret Clinical Strength- I have not tried the clinical formulas but we have those stressful days that do not always come from just physical exertion, but just the everyday stuff from traffic, meetings, kids, and even sometimes husbands. I name no names! We were sent the "ooh-la-la lavender" scent, which I appreciate as lavender has calming effects. I now know to sniff my underarms if the need arises :). I tried the solid and was afraid of maybe it being more powerful would mean more drying, and even a little harsher to the delicate skin in that area but I am happy to report it is not. I can describe it as having a double-guarantee. You have extra insurance if needed and if not, you will be fine. With warmer months approaching I also feel better and even safer if I sweat. I'm a girl and armpit odor is bad as it is but we are suppose to smell like flowers :)

DSCN2095

Crest 3D White- I use(d) a brand that starts with an "A" after trying several brands years ago. I first must admit I am a whitening teeth fanatic. The whiter the better because I drink pomegranate and cranberry juices daily, which is great for my body but not kind to my teeth. I am always in "preventing mode" so I brush my teeth and then rinse with a whitening solution afterwards. I think tooth health is essential not only to how our body is feeling but also in how we look. Put on all the make-up you want but yellow tooth will ruin a look. The box on the crest 3D white states it removes up to 80% of surface stains. I notice no asterisk after but note it says, "Up to". Okay, let's put it to the test and I did a week and a half before the Orgullosa event. My results can easily be stated by one phrase, "I dropped the "A" brand for the Crest 3D". I have noticed on the bottom edges where your teeth meet the gums are whiter and I feel my teeth are cleaner after brushing. The Icy Cool Mint flavor tastes a little like bubblegum but because it works, I just will flashback to my younger years when brushing. Great way to start and end your day :)

DSCN2302

Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara- I am currently a user of this mascara because at my last Orgullosa event, they included it. Having an extra tube of mascara is always a plus and that does not mean I won't still rave about it either. I love the brush and the wand makes application a cinch. The brush has fine bristles and in large quantities, so you get perfect separation without over-working the lashes. The formula also does not clump heavily while you apply. I always disliked getting the perfect separation of lashes but needing more mascara, that once you apply the right amount, it looks like spider legs because your lashes decided to meet and now you have 5 very thick lashes. Not with this one and I have in error paid big bucks for other brands when all along Covergirl's Lashblast hung on a peg at my local store. I have learned that paying high prices does not mean high quality in cosmetics. Try this mascara and you will be thankful!

Not done yet......

Orgullosa included a mirror that flips open and stays open. The flip cover allows you to set it where and in the position you want without it falling. I have compacts and they are always propped against a candy dish, tissue box, whatever will hold it but not anymore. Another simple and practical idea that rarely gets used!

DSCN2108

We also all received bracelets with the Orgullosa trademark. Flaunt it and it comes with a beautiful quote too. I love the strength they encourage us to have and these small rewards are very appreciated because we all need reminders....it's what keeps us going.

DSCN2111

Included where also coupons to save you money. There were coupon booklets for each guest and not only for all the brands but others they Venus, Oral B, Pampers, Pantene to Charmin. We appreciate these booklets because one thing our group has in common, is making that dollar stretch. We are proud of the savings we acquire all year because they help us provide more for our families.

No party is complete without the food. Guests must be fed as this is a celebration. Orgullosa does not miss a mark and I present to you, the Orgullosa Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting! Oh, my!

DSCN2229

Celebrating our heritage with Carnitas that we made into mini street tacos tacos.  Guests could also make salads as they liked and I had a guest bring black beans and rice.

DSCN2220

Can't have plain tacos, we need salsas and all the trimmings too.  A guest made the Molca red sauce from scratch!

DSCN2221

Habanero and Serrano Pepper Nachos with Cotija Cheese!

DSCN2219

I encourage you to sign-up with Orgullosa because not only could you host parties like I do but there is more to the programs they offer. VocalPoint and Orgullosa have samples, coupons, advice, and even support! It's one of the best decisions I ever made was to join and I think my guests agree too.
www.vocalpoint.com
www.orgullosa.com

DSCN1950

The above products and brands were received from Orgullosa, a division of P&G. All items were free of charge and my only obligation was to share and host an event with guests. My opinions and review are based on my experiences with the brands, which may differ from yours.

8 comments:

  1. What would I have to do to be able to get a kit like this and invite a lot of friends over. I help out cancer Patients because I love helping out and I lost my husband June 30th 2009 so this is something I would love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I would first start by signing up at the links listed and contributing. Once a party is available and if you qualify, you should receive an invite for a chance to join one. It is that easy! You then just complete the questionnaire and wait to be contacted. I am so sorry to hear about your loss Paula. I am glad you were able to connect with others and I am sure they appreciate the time and support you provide. I hope you join, so we can both share about our parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me where I can do a questionnaire ? I would really like to do a party and show many people lots of fun reasons to be around.
    Thanks Paula
    Email Is
    PjHayes69@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I just wanted to know the stuff that you have posted above is that possible to do a Party with those Products ?

    Thanks So Much Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been able to answer any questions so I could do a party. Can you please tell me where to go and what to do.

    Thanks So Much Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I get started so I can have a party to! !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you get the package do you have to host a party? Like if you change your mind do you have to send it back or can you keep it?

    ReplyDelete