Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SheSpeaks: The Fast Metabolism Diet Book by Haylie Pomroy

DSCN2292

We gals are suckers for diets, and SheSpeaks must know this. I know I've tried a few in my time, and there's a new one every week, on TV, in the news...it gets to be too much.  So when I got offered Haylie Pomroy's book, "The Fast Metabolism Diet", I was more than a little suspicious, especially when it makes claims like "Lose 20 pounds in 28 days" and "Eat more food and lose more weight".  But The proof is in the pudding (mmmm....pudding), so let's dig in and see what's happening here.

So, Ms. Pomroy is quick to point out she's not a dietitian, but instead a "Body Mechanic".  She even goes a step further by labeling herself a "Metabolism Whisperer". Oh....kay.  But then it starts getting interesting.

DSCN2485

She teaches you how to Unwind stress, Unlock fat, and Unleash your metabolism.  She schools us about bad foods and the toxic environment we've all created for ourselves.  How stress affects your metabolism.  Hmm...this is starting to make a lot of sense and I'm getting veeery interested.  There's a good deal of common sense here, and more than a few uncommon tips that do seem to me like they could be very useful.  Okay. I'm hooked.

The book goes on to talk about how to not be a serial dieter, and to make peace with your food, since it's not the enemy here.  Haylie lists the 5 major players in your metabolism, and gives you very comprehensive food lists that will be appealing to almost any palette. Yes, we're now on a first name basis.  She espouses the benefits of whole natural, and whenever possible, organic foods.  She lists 10 easy "do's" and "don't" of her diet plan, as well as menus, maps, recipes and plans, and you can even keep track right in the book!  Cool!

Lest you be worried that she thinks we're all superhuman diet machines, there's also splurge secrets and a "Fast Metabolism 911" that details emergency plans should our resolve dissolve, or our strength slip.  After all, we're not machines!

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the book, and surprised that I could pretty seamlessly and harmlessly integrate her plans into my regular rotation.  I think a lot of us would benefit greatly from this, and I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to not just eat, but live healthier.

DSCN2486

For more information on the book and/or author, please visit the following sites:

Website: http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/hayliepomroy
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hayliepomroy
Program Hashtag: #FastMetabolismDiet

DSCN2293

I received the above book free of charge from SheSpeaks.  I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product, which may differ from yours.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment