Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Smiley: Advil Allergy & Congestion Relief

 

DSCN2257

As much as I love Nature, it really does not love me back. I am a hay fever nightmare and Ms. Sneezy should be my middle name. I was always known for caring an entire tissue box around with me in high school because you might as well go with it when you suffer as badly as I do. I already use antihistamine eye drops, a nasal spray and 3 different brands of allergy pills and yes, I still sneeze and suffer. I sometimes think what is the point of taking anything if I still feel the effects and then stop taking stuff to then realize the allergy nightmare could always be darker.

In comes Advil, a box that Smiley sent free of charge, as part of their Advil campaign. One of the pills I take is an OTC and one of the other allergy pills I take is a decongestant. I like that Advil combined both and I'm always celebrating the day I need to take one less pill.

But does it work?

DSCN2258

Advil's Allergy & Congestion relief has several active ingredients that create an effective solution for many allergy suffers. Just the symptoms it provides temporary relief on, is impressive:

  • Temporary relief of symptoms associated with Hay Fever or other upper respiratory allergies and the common cold

  • Runny Nose

  • Itchy/Watery Eyes

  • Itching of the Nose or Throat

  • Sneezing

  • Nasal Congestion

  • Sinus Pressure

  • Headache

  • Minor Body Aches/Pains

  • Fever

  • Reduces Swelling of the Nasal Passages

  • Temporary Restores freer breathing through the Nose


The package should just have a picture of me on the back at this point when it comes to symptoms. I experience all and I love when they get cute and hit me at once.

DSCN2260

Combining Chlorpheniramine Maleate, an ingredient used in prevention of the symptoms of allergic conditions (i.e. rhinitis) with Ibuprofen makes a powerful duo. You get the antihistamine with finally a mild pain reliever because having allergies is not just a bothersome condition that alters how you look (bug eyes anyone?), it hurts and just moving and accomplishing simple tasks is difficult. I get headaches just from the pressure alone. Advil also added Phenylephrine HCL, a nasal decongestant so not only do you combat the allergic reaction but it aids with what allergies cause, plugging up your nose, ears, even eyes!

One tablet lasts 4 to 6 hours and I like being able to not medicate when my allergies have subsided. Advil states to not take more than 6 pills in a 24 hour period, unless physician approved.

DSCN2262

For more information visit and also get a $1.00 off coupon: http://respiratory.advil.com/advil-allergy-congestion-relief

Want to save more, like $2.00 off....visit Facebook: Thx Pfizer and #AdvilAllergyRelief for my free sample. Receive a $2 off coupon http://on.fb.me/YI91JV or https://www.facebook.com/advilcongestionrelief/app_137656902971961?ref=ts%2F#AACR

DSCN2256

I received the above product free of charge from Smiley. I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment