Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Swaggable: Hail Merry Sunflower Seeds

DSCN2475

Another great company that I was introduced to by Swaggable. Hail Merry is a company, which focuses on Superfoods and the Raw food "lifestyle". I am very much into Superfoods and I do dab here in there when it comes to consuming foods in their raw state, to maximize nutrition and absorption/digestion. I love that a company like Hail Merry carries a simple promise close to their heart and what defines their objective of why they exist and create. Anyone can produce anything but do they do it well and safely is the difference. Like not every calorie is created equally, not every sunflower seed is the same. Their promise is to help people achieve higher health, as stated on their webpage.

DSCN2472

I received the Salt n' Pepper Sunflower seeds and love that they come ready to eat. I know many of us usually eat them shelled, but this just delivers a salty mess in your mouth and then that shell you need to dispose of. The seeds gets all the flavor, which is light in salt but you get a nice amount of heat and flavor from the crushed black peppercorns. I also like that what you see is what you get. The product is raw, vegan, gluten-free with zero refined sugars. Gets better. Raw oils and rich in Omegas, plus living enzymes. The packet contains one ounce, which is only 150 calories. It take a lot of sunflower seeds to create an ounce and because of the lack of shell.....it's all pure seeds! I love the ingredient list and it's simplicity. You have organic sprouted sunflower seeds. Celtic sea salt, cracked black pepper.........and that is all! A very pure product indeed.

DSCN2487

But everything good does not always taste good......right?

I love roasted nuts and seeds but have read how the nutrition value is altered through the roasting process. The oils "cook" and you have oxidation and what was really healthy turns to be not so beneficial in the end. I want to maximize what I get out of foods and make it count. For a product that is not roasted, Hail Merry found a way to still make it enjoyable. I like adding pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to salads so the savory seasoning goes perfect with my array of lettuces. The change in texture is enjoyable and because the seed is not roasted, it tends to be softer but still delivered a nice clean flavor. The seeds are not mealy or dry like other seeds I have tasted in the past. I think this clean flavor is also augmented by the soaking process the seeds are given in order to activate the living enzymes, which are known to aid with digestion. The dehydration comes next and as stated on the package, this is done slowly so this why I think the seed is not dry like others. No one likes jerky texture when it comes to seeds! The handling of the seed from cultivation, packaging to until it reaches your palm is thought through and through. I encourage you to visit their site because they go beyond just seeds and nuts. Hail Merry has an array of products from macaroons, miracle tarts, and Grawnolas.....yeah, you got to read about their granola and that was not a misspell :).

DSCN2477

I respect a company that respects their clients and I hope to be able to share in the future more of their products with you!

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/hailmerry?fref=ts
On-line: http://www.hailmerry.com/snacks
Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=hailmerryllc

DSCN2474

I received the above products free of charge from Swaggable. I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with a product, which may differ from yours.

3 comments:

  1. What's Swaggable? If you have a referral link I would be happy to check them out with your referral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need for an invite, just visit www.swaggable.com. I have two invites left for Influenster (www.infuenster.com), so let me know if you need one. I just got the "Something Blue" box of goodies so it's very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I figured I would let you get the referral bonus if they had one. I will check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete