Monday, June 10, 2013

BzzAgent: Fage Yogurts Fruyo

DSCN2739

I have been on a yogurt kick and mainly Greek and European varieties. They tend to be thicker in texture and not as sweet as other types, plus I love the tartness they deliver among the other health benefits.  In comes BzzAgent with their Fage campaign and I was excited to be accepted. I purchase at Costco the large variety pack, which comes in three flavors. The pack usually lasts us a good 2 weeks and it's very economically priced.

DSCN2064

In our home, we use yogurt in many ways other than just eating it from the cup so getting the coupons for the larger size varieties fit us perfectly. I bake with yogurt as it tends to give baked goods moisture without the fats and calories. I have used it to make icings, fillings for cakes, to even a base for savory dips. Great to add to yeast doughs! My Husband mixes his whey protein mixes with yogurt when he is tired of using the mixes as drinks. It "ups" the protein content and I usually buy the 0% fat variety for those applications.

Fage strains it's yogurts and this why you get a much firmer but still smooth texture. It holds up well to even freezing, so if you want a frozen yogurt without the guilt, Fage can come to the rescue. You can even add fruit before freezing and you get a perfect Summer treat.

DSCN2743

I also was able to try a new variety by Fage called Fruyo. It's strained yogurt with pieces of delicious fruit and comes in several varieties. I purchased vanilla as I was curious about the taste. I have been disappointed with vanilla because as simple as a flavor it is, many companies resort to using artificial flavorings and sweeteners to augment the flavor and the results are not too pleasing. The worst thing when something is labeled vanilla or chocolate, is not getting the full real taste of it! As Fruyo is a fruit yogurt blend.......my curiosity was peaked.

DSCN2742

Fage's Vanilla Fruyo has 7.5 grams of protein per 100 grams, so very nutritious but does it taste good?

DSCN2748

You have already a nice indicator this will taste good because it has natural vanilla flavor, plus ground vanilla beans. Zero percent fat and plain sugar and pectin used as sweeteners. A nice beginning to things when I can pronounce and know what each ingredient is. I found the thickness and richness still present like with the other Fage varieties, and you can literally take a spoonful of yogurt and hold the spoon upside-down, it won't plop on the counter or move. Other yogurts have so much water that they also create that slime between the spoon and the product, which is not that great. Fage slowly dissolves in the mouth and I love their vanilla flavor. Not only does the product look beautiful with vanilla bean flecks, but the aroma and taste are there. I will be purchasing from their Fruyo line as they have Peach, Strawberry, Cherry, Pineapple and one I'm super curious about, Pineapple-banana cereals.

Visit their sites at:
Total- http://www.fageusa.com/products/
Fruyo- http://www.fage.gr/products.asp?cat=89&lang=EN

DSCN2066

I received the above product at no cost from BzzAgent and Fage. I am not obligated to provide a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experiences with the brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment