Monday, October 7, 2013

Freeman Eclos Skincare Review #EclosGoBare Challenge

This Summer I was rewarded the Eclos trio as a perk for being a Klout member. The kit included a Skin Prep Cleanser, Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream, and a Daily HydraPrimer in SPF 30.

DSCN3118

Eclos is part of the Freeman family and uses a natural approach in helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin's texture. The line derives its anti-aging power from Apple Stem Cells, thus the yellow colored apple featured on the Eclos line. This rare Swiss apple is called the Uttwiler Spatlauber as noted in the Eclos literature.

Uttwiller Spätlauber Apple's History:
This apple has been harvested since the 1800's in Canton, Thurgau (northern part) Switzerland and from my research, in 2009 researchers came out with claims of maybe this being the new anti-wrinkle solution even though the trees were dying out at some point. The diminishing of the trees came from people not seeking the apple's flavor because it tended to be sour, however it is a species that remains with a smooth outer skin appearance longer than other species of apples. After claims were clinically proven to reflect positive results, the species has been regenerated and produced in large quantities for certain cosmetic companies/lines. I saw in my research companies selling creams, serums and/or lotions to foundations with Uttwiller Spätlauber listed as an ingredient. Prices were as high as $395 to as low as $10. I have no idea if "strength" or other combined properties define the price point.

This was a 2-week challenge that I took and because I like to give products a chance to show their full potential, or in this case erase some off my face, I gave the Eclos line a 4 week chance.

Let's Begin......

  • Eclos Skin Prep Cleanser ($14.99 for 6.8 oz): Labeled as the rejuvenate+clean and the "starter" in the regimen, I was not very impressed by the product. It cleans just like any good cleaner out there and I did not feel a deep clean or any rejuvenation omitting from the foam itself. I used the cleanser in both ways as just washing my face and a few times in removing make-up on those days I was taking a short-cut because I was wearing very light make-up. The wash did not play well at removing even a light application of make-up, as I felt a residue after washing. I had to use a make-up removing wipe even when I was not using my "long-wearing" foundation. I can easily say my grapefruit friend at a lower price point did a better job at cleansing my face, so I do not recommend this as your main wash.



  • Eclos Therapy Regenerative Cream ($24.99 for 2.0 oz): Labeled as the hydrate+strengthen member of the trio. After two weeks of use, I felt my skin was moisturized and soft, however my skin remained the same when it came to the level of fine lines I have. This states improvement of wrinkles and I can say it did not diminish just my fine lines. At the 4-week mark, I looked like I did at the two week and at when I started mark. I like the "back to nature" approach and always welcome a non-chemical application, but apples did not cut it when it came to improving my skin. Yes, it was soft to the touch but that was pretty much it. I also found that less is better with this moisturizer as you do get into residue and oily issues if you use more than a pea size amount for your face alone.



  • Eclos Daily HydraPrimer SPF 30 ($15.99 for 1.0 oz): Labeled as the repair, protect +prime, so this last guy carries more duties. I have tried more primers that I want to admit and, that sometimes not using a primer is easier for me than picking one that brings me more problems than solutions (*cough*UrbanDecay*cough*). Out of all three products I tried from Eclos, this one outperformed and also replaced my former primer. I was not holding out hope and soon was going to blame Eclos if I got frown lines from the disappointment with the above products, but this one makes me thank Eclos. It works and not only did I continue using it, I will most likely purchase it again. This little apple works and provides not only protection but a nice and smooth application of my make-up. The SPF did not cause my skin any problems and I usually use SPF 15 on my face because the higher the number, the higher the oily feeling gets. Not with this primer and I actually felt this was what gave the better results. I don't feel in my opinion you need the 2 above to see the results and a little goes a long way. By week 6 of using this primer, I had the same softness and actually saw that my skin looked smoother so discontinuing the 2 above at that point made no difference.


I found the primer reasonably priced and also stocked from Target, Ulta, Walgreens to even Amazon, so if you are interested in trying the apple.....it can easily be picked or even delivered to your home. Want more on Eclos? Visit http://www.freemanbeauty.com/eclos and they also have more products related to the line and also easily purchased directly from the site.

I received this product from Klout and Eclos, free of charge. I am not obligated in providing positive/favorable feedback, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the brand and/or it's products, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment