Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Swaggable: Sheila G's The ORIGINAL Brownie Brittle Company Review

DSCN3534

I've seen this product for the last year or so at Costco and once during the holidays, I picked up the bag but my uncertainty made me put it down on my "maybe next time" list. It's a big bag at Costco and because I could not see the product, I was worried about getting a lot of dust versus pieces of actual brittle. Then Swaggable offered me the opportunity to try the product out so it's like I was caught on camera carrying the bag to then changing my mind......spooky!

I get a parcel on Monday so that made my week brighter. Being that the product is chocolate related, this item was opened immediately because chocolate things to test in this house get priority status! Just in case you wonder why maybe a beauty product is not been reviewed today :). The day a beauty item comes with a chocolate bar, I may just lose it!

First Impressions:
Upon opening the first bag, you get an intense chocolate smell. It just starts to hypnotize you and worse, those that may be standing near you too. So, when you purchase a bag, I warn you to open it in an empty room if you are not the sharing type. I looked inside and was amazed to see the brittle shaped into squares. This brittle tends to not break into shards and the usual uneven pieces that turn into powder or even poke bags open. These squares are a perfect snack size and most were in perfect shape. They almost resemble thin cookies.....the wafer kind. I notice there is a healthy amount of chocolate chips, so I have not been cheated, in case you were worried. I notice you get little crumbles so very much like you would imagine a very thin chocolate chip cookie to be like. Smells like brownies, so I take a bite. The product is just like the company advertises, it tastes like the edge of a brownie square....you know, what comes it contact with the pan and crisps up from the butters and oils released by the chocolate and cocoa. Just think of someone baking brownies and shaving off the crispy edges but being kind enough to keep it looking (square) pretty. You get that airiness and it is a light crisp with an intense chocolate flavor. I liked it and finished off my square and went throughout my day.

DSCN3535

The Taste Test:
The next morning I wake up and I am making my breakfast bowl of pumpkin granola clusters, almonds, accompanied by Almond milk and I spot the taped up bag of the brownie brittle. I open it and take 2 squares out and crumble them on top and I start to move on over to my lap top while taking a bite. Oh my.....it made my breakfast sinfully delicious. I started to think of brownie brittle over yogurt and then brownie brittle with ice cream and even baking a cheesecake with a brownie brittle bottom......let's say I got carried away. It seems my appreciation of the brownie brittle square alone was under valued on Monday until I paired it up with other stuff and it seriously shined!!! I saw the literature they enclosed and they have other flavors like:

  • Toffee Crunch (so curious as I LOVE toffee)

  • Salted Caramel (must try!)

  • Mint Chocolate Chip

  • and of course, The Chocolate chip one I tried


Sheila G's Brownie Brittle is 120 calories for one ounce and it will satisfy a chocolate craving in less than that. Things to note is that the product does contain corn syrup solids and I understand it is sometimes needed to achieve the desired texture. You do see sugar and cocoa and my only dislike in the list of ingredients was the caramel coloring. I am not a fan of dyes and prefer a less fantastic color if the taste and texture are there but other than that, this brittle has less going on than your common candy bar and more chocolate satisfaction!

DSCN3532

Check them out on-line at:

  • Website- http://browniebrittle.com/

  • Store Locator- http://browniebrittle.com/find-a-store/

  • Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/BrownieBrittle

  • Twitter- https://twitter.com/BrownieBrittle

  • Pinterest- http://www.pinterest.com/browniebrittle/


I received the above product from Swaggable and Sheila G's, free of charge. I am not obligated in providing positive/favorable feedback, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the brand and/or it's products, which may differ from yours.

1 comment:

  1. […] http://samplesandfreebiesgallery.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/swaggable-sheila-gs-the-original-brownie-b… […]

    ReplyDelete