Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Peeled Snacks: Organic Go Figure Snacks

DSCN3448

Here we go again with Peeled Organic Snacks! Not your usual fair when it comes to dried fruit mixes as we have gotten a little lost with the chocolates, candies, and clusters added to them by manufacturers. Yes, variety is wonderful and welcomed but so many dried fruit mixes have lost their healthy factor. I much prefer adding one square of good quality dark chocolate than trying to find the fruit in a field of waxy colored coated "chocolates" that can't even be legally called chocolate by law.

Go Figure has Apricots, Figs and Dates....that is all. I love apricots and figs but must admit that the dates......okay, I usually push them over with a tooth pick and won't even try them because their texture is usually sticky with that odd softness followed by super sweet goo that just turns me off. Some are even sort of bitter. I swore I would never be fooled by trying a date again. It was up there with the things I would get offered and definitely politely decline. Okay, I think you got my Date Hate established :)

DSCN3449

Taste & Texture:
I gave Peeled Snacks dates a try because I literally grabbed one and squeezed it.....no goo and they smelled good but were not super sticky and soft. I forget that all their fruit is "gently dried", so you don't get some flash dried fruit that does not resemble what it was when it was "alive and well". I bite thinking I am so going to regret this with even a napkin in hand but not only did I continue chewing, I like it. Maybe it was a lucky date but I hunt and find another one and find that I like dates. Like them enough that I even counted to see how many dates I had left so I could measure myself and not eat them all at once. I felt I was maybe in an odd mood that evening so I try another one the next day and I get why people like dates. The have a nice honey flavor to them and because Peeled Snacks does not kill it's fruit, the texture is pleasing and I bite without fruit getting stuck in my molars. I actually crave these dates! I start thinking of adding them to my yogurt with honey and I see myself having a future with......dates.

DSCN3452

The apricots and figs, since I sort of over focused on the dates are just as pleasing and satisfying. No rubbery texture and even though the trio is in the same bag, each fruit tastes as it should. This was actually my favorite blend even though of it not so traditional mix. I like being able to grab a fig and these are whole pieces of fruit, not slices so they are moist and not over seedy. Great quality fruit was used and thank you Peeled Snacks for showing me dates are kind, friendly and delicious.

Please check out Peeled Snacks and their Clusters at:

  • Available at you favorite retailer, from Amazon.com to Starbuck's, so you can get your Peeled fix at anytime

  • Save 10% on your first order if you sign-up for their Newsletter, so you can keep up with Peeled Snacks adventures (also savings); http://peeledsnacks.com/

  • The Fruits at Peeled Snacks also tweet, so check them out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeeledSnacks

  • Very social fruit and even have a Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/Peeled

  • Maybe you are into pictures and Peeled Snacks are not shy, so check them out on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/peeledsnacks/


DSCN3448

No comments:

Post a Comment