Monday, July 8, 2013

Chobani Honey Bee Nana Flip Greek Yogurt

DSCN2797

Back to continue the Chobani voyage of flavors, so I bring you the latest try and that is Chobani's Honey Bee Nana Flip. Called a Flip because you flip nutritious "goodies" from one cup to the other cup. You can then decide if you want it to be a topper or a mix-in, or a little of both. I like that you have that choice of texture that is kept fresh by keeping the ingredients separate.

Let's break down the cups-
The yogurt portion, which is the larger cup,  is clover honey flavored low-fat yogurt. The "flip" is made of bananas and what could be a touch of honey to sweeten the deal.

DSCN2798

The Verdict-
I like that the yogurt provides a healthy 5.3 ounce serving so great for a snack or even breakfast. Only 150 calories, so in my book zero punishment because I can always welcome yogurt at anytime of the day. Three types of probiotics so Chobani has packed not only twice the protein but used quality ingredients.

DSCN2800

The Flavor-
My least favorite of the Flip bunch I have tried and it's mostly a texture and flavor related issue. Would I buy it if no other Flip was in stock? Yes, but would prefer to hunt for others first. The puree that makes up the banana is sort of baby food like in texture and because it's soft and wet, it tends to water down the yogurt making it a little soupy/loose for my liking. The flavor also does not have the banana punch I expected from a banana yogurt. You taste honey sweetness but not much fruit and this may be because the puree is getting so lost and everything is dissolving a little too down.  Now, I'm super tempted to purchase this again but maybe bring a fresh banana to the party so I can get that nanner power I want in the flavor department, and this would solve the texture issues.

The Ingredients-
Lowfat Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Cream, Live And Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Casei), Bananas, Evaporated Cane Juice, Clover Honey, Pectin, Locust Bean Gum, Natural Flavors, Turmeric (for Color).

DSCN2791

I received the above product free of charge from Chobani.  I am not obligated to provide a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the brand and products, which may differ from yours.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to try the one with honey but I was afraid I would have a texture issue with it. It's hard to image the honey blending smoothly without becoming too runny.

    ReplyDelete