Sunday, July 7, 2013

Smiley Mission: Aveeno Active Naturals Nourish+ Dandruff Control

Being a Smiley member, I was able to participate in the Aveeno Active Naturals mission, featuring the Nourish+ Dandruff Control Shampoo and Conditioner. My experience in Summer is always getting an itchy and dry scalp caused by the pool's water. The chlorine really tends to make me itch and even though I don't get flakes, you scratch enough and you start mistreating your hair and scalp. I have a regimen where I will use a anti-dandruff shampoo every other time I shampoo my hair because shampoos of this kind....well they tend to not be so nice to my locks.

Smiley sent a coupon that covered the cost in full for each product. I noticed at the store, the supply was low on these two items and I always see that as a good sign. I tried the product for one week and even though I allow usually a full two weeks of use before reporting my results, I was happy and satisfied at the one week point of usage that I decided to blog early (the latter is a rarity for me :) )

DSCN3049

I first sniffed the bottles and like very much the scent they have and it stays true to Aveeno's fragrances, natural and almost coconut like but not overpowering. My scalp after just one use did not itch at all and I like this because I usually had to use a deep conditioner for my hair that tended to leave residue. My scalp would not itch as bad with the former method I used but who wants greasy hair? I then would try to space out the dandruff shampoo use of my former brand, but then that meant every other time I used it, I had to welcome the frizz. The juggling act has been seized with just using these two simple products. Aveeno's Nourish+ does control the itch but also helps my hair look it's best. I don't have to miss out or trade one benefit over another one. My hair is manageable, soft but still has life so my volume is not compromised. I also like that I am left with no frizz so I use less anti-frizz product, usually just on the ends of my hair as a way to protect them.  The product also contains  oat peptide and oat extract, which aids in producing an overall healthier scalp and hair.  Finally improvement when it comes to an anti-dandruff product!!

I am a user of Aveeno's lotion products that I have raved about before, from the 24 hour body moisturizers to the products for your face....let's not forget the sunscreens that does not cause me to break out.   Again, Aveeno does not disappoint and I like the instant results and the positive change my hair reflected after just one wash. A girl only has so much patience and I like instant gratification when I can find it!

Aveeno has three different varieties in their Dandruff Control line:

I noticed the price point is about $7.99, so why not click this link &  save $3.00 with Smiley360?:

I received the above products from Smiley and Aveeno free of charge.  I am not obligated in providing a positive/favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the products, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment