Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chobani Key Lime Crumble Flip Greek Yogurt

So, where does our Chobani passport get stamped next? Think palm trees, sand, and waves crashing against the surf........Florida, maybe. Okay, think P-I-E like Chobani's Key Lime Crumble Flip. Called a Flip because you flip nutritious "goodies" from one cup to the bigger yogurt cup. You can then decide if you want it to be a topper or a mix-in, or a little of both. This version has a nice surprising crunch that I love.

DSCN3054

Let's break down the cups-
The yogurt portion, which is the larger cup, is Keylime low-fat yogurt. The "flip" is a crumble that is made of the cutest and littlest white chips you have ever seen and crushed graham crackers.

The Verdict-
This Flip comes in at 180 calories and it is higher by just 30 calories from the usual 150, but so worth it. Eleven grams of protein so that caloric count stands up nicely when you count all the positives that fit in that yogurt cup. It does not stop there, you have Vitamin A, Vitamin C, plus some Calcium so your bones stay nice and strong when lifting that spoon from flip to mouth.

DSCN3055

The Flavor-
I must start by confessing that I have bought this version of Flip so many times that I lost count. Key Limes everywhere must have wanted posters up, so from now this review is in whisper-mode (shhhh!). Think of a deconstructed Key Lime pie. The yogurt has a tang and it tastes just like Key Limes, no funny stuff of a Lime holding a key and pretending to be a Key Lime. The tang goes so well with the creamy texture of the Greek yogurt that I call it the pie filling. Then the pie.....I mean this healthy yogurt...has a crumble made of graham crackers, that is sweet from just a touch of brown sugar but has a hint of cinnamon. Made with love and it continues with the sweetest and smallest white chocolate chips that I have ever seen. They are smaller than the miniature morsels you can bake with but the cup is filled with them. I always take one out and smile but never fall for their high cuteness level, so it gets eaten. It's the only way the white chocolate chip can't control me, even though I now realize I am out of my Key Lime Crumble and I'm craving some yogurt pie :)
The Ingredients-
Lowfat Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Cream, Live And Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus And L. Casei), Evaporated Cane Juice, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Soybean Oil, Key Lime Puree, Cocoa Butter, Whole Wheat Flour, Key Lime Juice Concentrate, Milk, Key Lime Peel, Honey, Nonfat Dry Milk, Natural Flavors, Salt, Cinnamon, Fruit Juice Concentrate (for Color), Turmeric (for Color).

  • Visit the Chobani Key Lime Crumble at: http://chobani.com/products/flip-key-lime-crumble/

  • Save your wallet from getting bit (coupons): http://chobani.com/coupons/

  • Say "Hello" to Chobani on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chobani

  • Say "Hi" in Greek, "Yassou (YAH-su) on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chobani

  • See Chobani show it's Cups on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/chobani/

  • Follow Chobani via Google+: https://plus.google.com/105549919806722403002/posts

  • Hashtag anyone: #tastereal

  • The yogurt cup even Blogs: http://chobani.com/community/blog/


DSCN2791

I received the above product free of charge from Chobani. I have no obligation to provide a favorable/positive review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and brand, which may differ from yours.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely putting the key lime on my grocery list! Mmm yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite yogurt of all time. I prefer the Key Lime Crumble over the actual pie. I have about 8 other co-workers who also love this flavor. If we find some, we will clear the entire shelf and keep it in our community fridge for all to enjoy. So if you live in the DC Metropolitan area and you have a hard time finding this product, my co-workers and I are partially the blame.

    ReplyDelete