Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BeautyBox5: Monthly Subscription Beauty Box 5 Review ; Beauty in a Box

IMAG0366

I have been interested in subscription box programs and have committed to some from Allure and especially their seasonal (quarterly) boxes. I wanted to try something on a smaller scale because that also means a smaller price point, which is welcoming on a monthly basis.

BeautyBox5 costs just $12 and that includes shipping. No surprises or fluctuating price points, just $12! I already love this part because it takes a bit of the fear away from committing.  You also get added perks, like exclusive discounts from the brands featured, so if you like an item....you will be able to purchase it at a special price. That again falls in the "love-it" category!

So let's get started in opening this already pretty on the outside turquoise colored box.....

IMAG0367

Item #1: H2O+ Plus, Spa Sea Lotus Body Wash

I received a generous sample of 1 fluid ounces making this a nice deluxe sized bottle. The scent is Sea Spa Lotus and advertised as uni-sex. I quickly get my guinea pig (hubby) and ask him to test it out with me because very few products come to this house that I can share. The product's fragrance is strong but welcoming because it has a pleasant scent. I washed my hands and notice as my Husband did, you are left with a nice scent but most of all, you do not lose your skin's moisture like you do with hand soaps. Lathers up nicely and no film is felt on the body and hands. Definitely an item I would purchase and the standard bottle from H2O Plus, retails for just $17.00 for a 12.5 fluid ounce size.

  • Visit H20 Plus at- www.h2oplus.com #h2oplususa


IMAG0372

Item #2: Nubar Cuticle & Nail Oil

Included is a green colored bottle measuring 0.25 ounces and you know nail and cuticle oils tend to go far. I am glad I received this because I am not happy with my current brand. I tend to dehydrate my nails by using acetone to remove those glitter based polishes and my cuticles.......well, I pretend I don't have any so I do not have to address their issues :) My denial is not working out. Now even sleeping with lotion drenched hands in cotton gloves is not fixing my dilemma overnight. I also have been informed that sleeping with a "mime" is not something my husband appreciates. At-home manicures are something I do not want to skimp on and especially after Santa brought me so many nail polishes, so I give Nubar a try. The elixir is advertised as having Jojoba oil, Vitamins A, D and E, so I am liking the natural approach already. My green colored bottle is labeled as Green Apple and you get a very faint smell of the fruit, but mostly the oil just smells clean/fresh. The brush is on the stiff side, which is smart because I can apply oil to target areas without wasting or making a mess. The oil is thin but stays where you apply, no dripping off or travelling anywhere. I treat both my cuticle and nails by just applying small amounts and I like that the brush does not even waste a drop when it travels from the bottle to my nail, and back and forth....sort of makes me wonder how easy this is and why I did not do it sooner. One of the reasons has been that my former oil was messy and left a residue on my actual nail. Nubar has more than just oils and gorgeous nail colors, so I definitely added them to the "buy list" because I'm loving this cuticle and nail oil! A 0.5 fluid ounce bottle retails for $10.00 and they have other scents like Vanilla, Passion Fruit & Grape.

  • Visit Nubar at- www.bunubar.com #bynubar


IMAG0370

Item #3: Swissco Bath and Body Shower Exfoliating Gloves

These are pink in color so I can't be called a mime in the shower! The gloves are easy on the skin while making the job of removing dead skin cells a breeze. I love that you can target areas like the ankles easily and because my fingers curve better than my shower poof, I can exfoliate between my toes!!! They also stay on and I find I use less shower gel than I did with the mesh poof, so I waste less! I make sure to rinse them off well, hang them, and they are dry and ready to use the next time I shower. Swissco, has so many products from these gloves to beauty items so get ready to spend some time on their site. I also like the price point of just $5.00 for a pair.

  • Visit Swissco at- www.swisscollc.com #swisscollc


IMAG0368

Item #4: Jergens Daily Moisturizer

Jergens is a brand that we always have in the home from their body moisturizers to their specialty lines, like products for dry skin to target areas like hands and feet. Included was a 1 fluid ounce bottle of their Daily Moisture lotion for dry skin. My skin tends to not retain moisture in the colder months, so I go through lotion quicker and especially if it's not formulated to fit my needs. I used the Jergens Daily Moisture and found the formula lasted very close to the 24-hour hydration they advertise. The moisturizer soothed my skin and calmed irritations well after shaving, plus it costs less than my current brand. The scent is light and undetectable once applied and this bottle is the perfect size to have by the sink. Jergens retails the lotion at $6.99 for a 21 fluid ounce bottle. Add a coupon and you are golden!

  • Talking about coupons, get a $1.00 off here- http://www.jergens.com/promotions/default.aspx

  • Visit Jergens at- www.jergens.com #jergensus


IMAG0369

Item #5: Epic Blend Hemp Coconut Lip Balm

I love coconut and I have owned hemp based products in the past but have never tried a lip balm. First, I must share that when I opened it, the balm smells like coconut but not the type they use like in car fresheners.....real coconut. I wanted to bite it! Now that I got that part out of my system and I applied the lip balm, it goes on silky and smooth and yes, I smell that coco-licious scent that is heavenly. I would say I miss the sun if I did not live in California! The product covers well but feels light, so you do not feel like your lips can't breathe. It works and nicely moisturized my lips and when it wore down, my lips remained soft and replenished. Epic Blend labels this as an organic balm and that's important with all the unhealthy stuff we tend to put on our lips for beauty's sake. It's nice to be able to treat my lips nice for once! It get's better, petroleum free, non-GMO, gluten free and they are even kind to bunny rabbits.....not tested on animals. The product retails at a friendly price too of $3.99 for .15 ounces of balm.

  • Save here- By using Code BB5 before 03/31/2014, to get 25% off sitewide

  • Visit Epic Blends at- www.epicblend.com #epicblend


IMAG0366

**Bonus** Item #6: That Awkward Moment Compact Mirror

I know I said 5 items but then BeautyBox5 added more so I am not complaining!  The compact encourages you to check out the movie trailer for, That Awkward Moment Movie.

  • Movie Trailer- www.thatawkwardmomentmovie.tumblr.com


I highly recommend BeautyBox5 because I rarely find subscription boxes a positive experience when it comes to item selections, but you can see that this one not only included new products, but products that work well.  Yes, I have lip balms, lotions and nail products but I can say that I found new items to buy because they performed better than what I currently use.  BeautyBox5, helps broadens your brand experience because tunnel vision with anything is not such a good thing to have, so give them a try today!  It's just $12.00 and that includes shipping....no funny stuff with them!


I received the above product free of charge from BeautyBox5.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment