Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Smiley360: Centrum Flavor Burst Multivitamin/Multiminerals Chews Review

DSCN4038

Being a Smiley360 member has it's perks and one is being able to try new products. I was recently sent the Centrum Flavor Burst Vitamin and Mineral Chews, in Pineapple and Wild Grape flavors. I'm always about finding new ways to nourish the body because quite frankly, I get bored doing the same thing day after day. Variety is really what I seek and I have taken the gummy vitamins in the past, but not liking the idea of having gummy pieces stuck to my teeth right after I brushed them in the morning.

What a product is made of and how it tastes matters, especially if you will be taking something daily or several times through out the day. I do think in today's market of supplements, just settling is not something you have to do anymore. There are so many products from drinks, chews, pills, to even infused chocolates....so I was eager to see what Centrum had to offer in this world of Vitamin and Minerals.

DSCN4040

Centrum Flavor Burst Chews come in several flavors and range in cost from $9.97 at Amazon for a bottle of 120 chews to Walmart's price point of $7.97 for a 60 count bottle. The highest price point was at CVS for $12.49 for 120 chews, followed closely by Walgreens at $11.79 for the same count, so I suggest price matching and seeking the lowest cost before you buy because they vary greatly.

DSCN4047

I brought up the count because the suggested serving amount for an adult is 4 chews daily...sort of makes the bottle not last as long when most chews of this kind are formulated for 2 a day. The bottle will be disappearing at a fast rate but you can also adjust your intake by your needs and even adjust through out the day.

A Centrum Flavor Burst adult serving has the following daily values (4 Chews Count):

  • Vitamin A 2000 IU, providing 40% of your Daily Value

  • Vitamin C 60 mg, 100% DV

  • Vitamin D 800 IU, 200% DV

  • Vitamin E40 IU, 133% DV

  • Vitamin B6 2mg, 100% DV

  • Folic Acid 400 mcg, 100% DV

  • Vitamin B12 10mcg, 167% DV

  • Biotin 150 mcg, 50% DV

  • Pantothenic Acid 10 mg, 100% DV

  • Iodine 80 mcg, 53% DV

  • Zinc 5 mg, 33% DV


DV based on a 2,000 caloric diet

You can see with the above values that with most you meet or exceed the 100% suggested daily intake, so this is why I opted to adjust my serving by my nutritional needs and Centrum does facilitate that by breaking up the serving by 4 a day.

DSCN4044

Wild Grape Flavor:
This was my least favorite flavor because I picked up more of the vitamin taste and the aftertaste was just not pleasant. I also looked at the ingredient list and this particular flavor has Blue 2 Lake food coloring, while the other flavor I tested did not, so that turned me off on top of it being the worst tasting. I tried by day 3 chewing another and I met my limit with what this flavor had to offer...so not wild about it!

DSCN4043

Pineapple:
The Pineapple has a nice tropical taste and does not list any artificial food dyes. The dyes listed are derived from Annatto, which is a food dye derived from the seeds of the achiote tree and Beta-Carotene. Keeping it natural is what I seek so I liked this, plus like I mentioned the flavor is pleasant.

DSCN4039

Quick Note on the Pros: No water needed and you can adjust your intake on a daily basis because the adult serving is broken up into 4 chews. Pineapple was good tasting and the percentages on a daily values scale was not unfavorable. It's more like a "Skittle's" candy when it comes to texture, so no candy or gummy residue is left on your teeth after you chew.

Quick Note on the Cons: Both flavors I tasted contain Corn Syrup, Maltodextrin and Sucrose. I know Maltodextrin can be derived from barley and wheat, so this can be an issue for Celiac disease suffers. The Grape contains an artificial dye, plus it's taste was unpleasant. Watch where you buy because the price fluctuates greatly and keep note of the count per bottle when comparing price points.

DSCN4037

I do have a coupon to share that saves you $2.00, so that is always a great start:

  • Save $2.00 Coupon- https://www.centrum.com/couponsinc-register-form/334/#2014


If you would like further information on Centrum Flavor Burst Multivitamin Chews, please visit them at:

  • On-line- http://www.centrum.com/centrum-flavor-burst-chews#chews

  • Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Centrum


I received the above product free of charge from Smiley360 and Centrum. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment