Monday, February 24, 2014

Flat Iron Experts: Beyond the Beauty Hair Care, Precision Pro Select Zebra Ceramic Flat Iron




Let's have a chat about out hair for a bit, shall we? I have very long, veryfine hair, and there's a lot of it. This means that anything I use usually uses high amounts of product or a process takes longer. I admit that most times I resort to doing a bun or do a half-up do to try to mask my short comings (i.e. lack of dedication) regarding my hair style.

IMAG0374

Before Flat Iron UseI was sent the Beyond the Beauty Precision Pro Select Zebra Cermic Flat Iron (Item #BTBPPZ) from the Flat Iron Experts to try out. I have to admit that I have walked by hair flat irons but most times I get a case of the lazies and walk away. I've had some very negative experiences with devices, with my most recent one being that the build was poor and not only zapped me, but there was an area of plastic that was not smoothed out enough, so it loved to catch a hair and surprise me by pulling it out.  Bad dreams about that curling iron still haunt me!



Now, the first feature I love is that the controls on the Beauty Precision Pro-Select Ceramic styler. A temperature selector that uses degrees Fahrenheit. I can fine tune the heat I want and or need that fits with my hair/style. None of this low, medium and "I fry your hair" functions you see with other flat irons. The selector is easy to reach, touch and set....this is even with it on. The handles remained cool throughout my entire use. No discomfort whatsoever. What I liked best, it only took me 10 minutes to learn how to use it (yeah, I sort of skipped on instructions and jumped in) and that was counting styling. The setting for me was in the low 200°'s (Fahrenheit), but this little zebra starts at 176° and gives you every temperature in between to a maximum of 430°. I like that because some styling sprays and hair-dos require different needs and this styler fits every single one of them!
After using the Flat Iron



Other Features:

I also liked BtB Precision Pro Select's ergonomics. You do not think much of it until you have to use an item that gives off heat and you have very long or even short hair, it takes being able to handle and reach the right angles to get the final look you want to achieve. I could get close to my head and reach out with the iron to the tips of my hair, with one fell swoop. I saved time not having to go back and forth to get areas I missed, it missed, or could not reach. It's slim and easy to manage and light in weight. I bake in the kitchen and sometimes my hands are tired and not steady but I had zero complains when it came to functionality. The styler also has a long cord so it comes to you versus you trying to work with it.

Longevity:

The plates are 100% ceramic and I like no skimping in that area because this is what will be touching my locks! The heat not only is well distributed, as you see this by it's exceptional performance, but it also retains the heat well so you can keep going with the styler. It keeps up with me versus I having to wait for it! I get regular visits from the frizz monster, and as well as his buddy the Static King.....not good when your hair is long. This means it's obvious to all and I don't want to crackle when I flip my hair. In comes Far Infrared Red (FIR) technology to save the day from all those monsters and kings trying to ruin it. No frizz, no zapping people (or the poor dog's nose) and I can now wear the fabrics that I sort of ditched because the friction with them made my hair worse (aka: putting back that hood on my jacket with the shiny lining). The flat iron is well insulated and constructed. I received it on February 12th and wanted to use it several times before drafting out my final review......I have zero bad things I could find and even became fond of the zebra print! It adds character to my very "blah" world of hair styling tools.....even my hair brush is a plain bamboo color!

Quick Note on the Pros: Great controls, easy to manage the styler and heats up quick to any setting you desire. Leaves my hair soft and silky and this was using the styler as-is with zero assistance from sprays, leave-in conditioners, serums, or any magic spells or potions. You get Ceramic Technology (100% regarding the plates), Negative Ion Technology and Far Infrared (FIR) Technology for a economical and low price point.


Quick Note on the Cons:  I review many items and I usually find a con or that little thing I should mention/share. I had to reach out like I even stared at the poor zebra and tried to find a flaw. I couldn't.....well maybe it could come with it's own zebra home....like a pouch for keeping but do I want or need one? No, but you may and that is really a very itty, bitty, con I had to hunt for to fill my "Con" space. Beyond the Beauty even made a Peacock version if you are anti-zebras.

Price Point:

I am giddy about the $86.99 sale price at Flat Iron Experts that if I could insert a little squeal by the price, I would! Flat Iron Experts charges no shipping if you spend $50.00 or more, so you save there too.  The product also comes with a generous 2-year warranty.

Accessories Recommended:
DSCN4562I was sent two accessories that I recommend in purchasing, which I will be posting later this week the KQC Thermal Shine Spray Review......but please do not forget to pick-up the Flat Iron Experts Iron Holder. You will thank yourself and so will your home's surfaces. No sliding, no mishandling of your flat iron and your styler is ready to grab at anytime. The holder even comes with suction cups that truly work, so it's like having a third hand that we all need when doing our hair (except this one does not sigh like my Husband does) :)


Connect with Flat Iron Experts:

IMAG0373

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Flat Iron Experts.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment