Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tribes-A-Dozen: Voila! Hallah Bread Mixes, Wholey Wheat & Traditional Review

DSCN4129

As a baker, I tend to always resort on made from scratch methods because of all the unkind ingredients in mixes. You want to reward your family with a treat and not necessarily a lab experiment.

In comes, Tribes- A-Dozen bread mixes, which are friendly on the ingredient list and a cinch to make. You have Challah breads made the traditional way, to wheat and simply spelt. I enjoy egg based breads very much but dislike having to purchase so many eggs that tend to take space in a fridge, until I get started on my project. With Tribe-A-Dozen, you use 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk. This leaves me with an egg white for next day's breakfast, so it all works out nicely. The ingredients are the main focus for me because they are simple and recognizable.

DSCN4130

The wheat mix has Organic Grain Wheat flour, brown sugar, turbinado sugar, sea salt and organic flavor.

You get everything in one box, the yeast and the mix itself. You just add water, eggs as directed and then vegetable oil and honey. A little flour to for the board or you can also use oil if you want. I like options! You also have varieties to choose form (get creative) in making these mixes personalized by adding nuts to dried fruits, or even topping with a seed variety of your choice. One box yields 1 large loaf, 2 regular sized loaves or if you need buns, you can make 8 rolls in less than 2.5 hours!

[gallery ids="2615,2616,2617,2618,2619,2620"]

My first try was a success and I kept checking the box because I felt it was a bit too easy that I was missing something. I was able to cook a nice dinner while baking my wheat Challah bread and it was less of a mess but not breaking tradition. I never have tasted wheat Challah and we mostly make traditional style because we love it on burgers to just plain by itself.

[gallery ids="2621,2622,2623,2624,2625"]

After the bread rises, you then dust your board with flour and divide as you wish.  I decided to go with 2 smaller loaves and one I did a traditional braid and the other I tried for a 4-strand braid.  I also opted to use sesame seeds and poppy for my personal touch.

DSCN4356

You then just stick the breads in to rise for for 45-minutes more and at the 30 minute mark, you start preheating your oven at 350 degrees.  You bake your beautiful creations for about 25 minutes.  Mine were ready in 22 minutes!

DSCN4358

I was very happy with the results from start to finish.  The wheat bread is moist and I did enjoy the flavor but I am more of a traditional gal and prefer the traditional mix they offer, plus I can't pass up the great sandwiches it makes!  Goes great with any meal, even a Meat Loaf!  Give them a try risk-free with a satisfaction guarantee on every box!

DSCN4132

DSCN4364

You can purchase Tribes-A-Dozen mixes on-line or use the store locator to get your hands on a box:

  • On-line- http://tribesadozen.com/buy-tribes-voila-hallah-egg-bread-mixes/

  • FaceBook- https://www.facebook.com/TribesaDozen

  • Twitter- https://twitter.com/tribesadozen

  • Purchase via Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A1N9ZRECBL4I2G


or

**You can enter to win your own Tribes-A-Dozen mixes by completing 3 small Tasks**

  1.  Please “like” Tribes-A-Dozen on Facebook 

  2. Follow Tribes-A-Dozen  on Twitter (@TribesADozen)

  3. Please post a comment on this review and that is it :)


 Previous winners of Tribes-A-Dozen giveaways are ineligible. Continental U.S. entrants only please 

I will announce the lucky winner on March 3rd!!!

I received the above product free of charge from Tribes-A-Dozen.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

3 comments:

  1. I liked on Facebook and followed on Twitter! I would love to be able to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have liked on FB and would love to win to try this out. I have just started making my own but they never seem just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so grateful that an inexperienced baker such as myself can now bake fresh homemade bread so easily! I can't wait to locate TribesADozen so I can start making my own fresh homemade bread at a lower cost than if I bought readymade bread. #TribesADozen #Giveaway

    ReplyDelete