Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Eslor: The Art of Beauty Skin Care, Replenishing Scrub

DSCN3198

So the year is refreshed, started anew, full of promise and fresh looks. Speaking of fresh looks, isn't it time to replenish your face too? Enter Eslor, stage left.

I've covered a couple of their products recently, and there's plenty more coming, but today it all about Eslor's Replenishing Scrub.

You'll remember Eslor and their HTP System, using natural plant extracts and vitamins. They eschew the toxic chemicals prevalent to many products designed to improve our skin's health. The Replenishing Scrub is no different. Simple ingredients like aloe vera, whole wheat flour, almond meal, corn meal, oatmeal, and honey. Wow. It's almost good enough to eat! (Please, for the love of Pete, don't eat it) It's effective, my face felt fresh and renewed, and my skin had a healthy glow. I liked that I didn't have to worry about this chemical interacting with that chemical. I only wish my makeup was this hassle free.

DSCN3202

However, as fantastic as this product is, as much as I love this scrub, I'm hesitant to give it an unfettered "would-buy" rating. Not because I'm not in love with it, but because it's pricey. Very much so. And again, while it works, works very well in fact, it doesn't do anything a less expensive scrub could do almost as well. It becomes a game of inches: How much more would you pay for incremental gains?

Ingredient list as listed on the site:

Active Ingredients- Almond Paste, Honey, Apricot Kernel Powder, and Peach Kernel Powder.

100% Free of Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES).

Price Point: For a 1.7 fluid ounce container, the cost is $28.00 and this why I felt that the product is great but for the price point you can find a lower cost product, which would deliver the same results.

Lastly, let me just say as someone who is very sensitive to fragrances and perfumes, this one has both in spades. While it didn't irritate me per se, I can see that it might over time. So this one, while great in the results department, has some drawbacks that left me wanting. Let's see if Eslor has a return to it's heretofore flawless performance in it's next product, it's Comforting Mask.

To learn more about Eslor and their great beauty lines, please visit them at:


I received the above product free of charge from Eslor.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment