Friday, February 6, 2015

Influenster: Products that go beyond the Winter Season #Influenster #FrostyVoxBox

 

IMG_20141222_223136

I was very excited again to get a VoxBox from Influenster. There is never a box that does not contain a new item to new brands I have never tried. This box was a beauty and food themed box, which really sums up the holiday season. The Frosty Vox Box really brought a little bit of everything from several very know brands:

 

  • Rimmel London


Was very generous and gave us two products to try out that go hand-in-hand, the Gentle Eye Make-up Remover and the ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliner.  Both products are reasonably priced and that is welcomed after the holiday splurges.  What I like about the line is that their beauty items always exceed expectations and they allow me to keep up with whatever new fashion trend and/or look is in, but still be able to keep the lights on!

[gallery type="slideshow" ids="4636,4632"]

 

  • NYC New York Cosmetics


Even with the nude colors being in, we still need lipstick and sometimes things get too pale or plain.  NYC fixes that by adding a touch of color with their Expert Last Lip line in Sugar Plum. The Sugar Plum color is rosy but also sheer, with a hint of shine but thankfully not super glossy.  The last thing you want to do is look back at every picture you took in Winter and your lips are blinding everyone.  With Valentine's Day approaching, this color again fits perfectly with the season......so not just a one holiday and done product.

IMAG2304

 

  • EcoTools Hair Brush


This is my first time using this line and I was happy that the brush kept my locks nice and smooth, did not create static and was gentle enough to not break or stress my hair.  The brush has a nice handle for easy hold and also is nicely balanced, which is appreciated when I do a ponytail look.  What I like is how easy it is to clean because even though I use a low amount of leave-in products, the oils I do use can cause our hair tools to create build-up.  Dirty bristles is not an issue with this brush!

IMAG2302

  • No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced Sachet 


I was so happy when I saw this brand included and before the box arrived.  My happiness sort of faded when I noticed this was not even a deluxe sample, but more of a packet with maybe 2 uses if I am lucky.  Two uses does not mean I can be fair or even really know about performance.  I may be able to share my opinion about the texture, and this product does have a light feel and quickly absorbs.  Unfortunately, that is all I can share because results take work and time, plus I'm always willing to give it to a beauty product but that also means I need a little more than 2 applications. :)

 

IMAG2305

 

  • Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea


Just when I thought I was peppermint and pumpkin out with the holidays, this shows me that a tea can make the difference.  This tastes like true peppermint with it's subtle and refreshing notes, that not only soothe but also calm me perfectly before bedtime.  Being decaffeinated allows me to enjoy this selection of herbal tea anytime I want and still get a good snooze in.

IMAG2307

 

  • McCormick Gourmet Thyme


I grow our own thyme but sometimes the cold snap we get decides I did not need that plant, so I always have thyme in dry form.  I also like to add dry ingredients with fresh ones because the flavor profile does change and even sometimes is preferred over the fresh (i.e. oregano) kind.  This jar arrived and I was happy to have more thyme and then looked at my thyme and even though it was not an aged bottle, my thyme was lacking that nice color, aroma and started to feel ashamed about how pretty the McCormick Gourmet one looked so I set it free and left this new bottle in it's stead.

IMAG2303

  • Fruit Vines Bites


Not all can be winners and this was one again taught me all because it says cherry, it does not mean even 1% of a real cherry is in it.  Not the juice, I would have even been happy with cherry skin at this point but these vines are fruit lacking and sugar is all they bring.  I even chuckled when it came to vitamins and everything was 0%.  I know it's candy and even for some a snack, but let me sin with something at least partially real.  I think the cherry needs an asterisk or maybe it should be called wanna-be cherry or sugar vines.  It has no preservatives but then again there is nothing real to preserve!

IMAG2309

 

Final Verdict-

Influenster always delivers an array of products that make me re-look at what I buy, own or even want.  I brought economical beauty brands back into the mix and just like my clothes, my fashion looks now are like my beauty products......in all price ranges!  I'm happier this way and that is really what matters.  These Vox Boxes are always a hit even when I get some so-so products because trying is really the only way to know and share with others!  Thank you again Influenster for another Vox Box experience!

 

  • #FrostyVoxBox

  • #GetAdvanced

  • #Rimmel

  • #SugarPlum

  • #CelestialTea

  • #LoveMyECOhairbrush

  • #McCormickGourmet

  • #SweetSide


 

I received the above product(s) free of charge from Influenster. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment