Monday, February 16, 2015

NutriGold: Organic, Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil Gold Review #CoconutOil #NutriGold



IMAG2388

NutriGold is a supplement company, which offers an extensive line of products to fit your nutritional needs. Most products you will find are organic and also Non-GMO certified. Your options are endless with NutriGold, as they offer anything from multi-vitamins to herbal and dietary supplements, and simple ingredients like the Coconut Gold oil I was able to review.

Coconut oil comes in many forms from fractionated, Virgin, Refined, Extra-Virgin, to Cold Pressed and others. The clear distinction here is that you want to sort on quality and also take into consideration what you will be using it for. You don't want to spend on a high grade quality oil if all you will be doing is filling a jar with essential oils and only need a "filler" oil, and this is where fractionated oil found it's place. When you will be applying the product to your skin and/or consuming the oil, this is where being picky and smart really comes into play, so doing your homework will insure you get what you pay for. I always resort in seeking out a trusted source first and then narrow down what they have to offer. Anyone can claim anything so this is key!

[gallery type="slideshow" size="medium" ids="4730,4731,4729"]

This is where NutriGold comes into the picture because they offer a Coconut oil that is sourced from the Philippines and is unrefined. You get 100% Extra Virgin Coconut oil that meets the standard and practices to not only be classified as Organic, but also Non-GMO certified. In the coconut oil world, it is not like the olive one where extra virgin and virgin have clear definitions/standards but a "virgin" oil is commonly known to come from the first press. You have the flesh of the coconut that is in it's fresh form, pressed to extract coconut milk first, and then comes the water and the oil. The oil from that first press is what you get in every NutriGold bottle.

Retail Price Point: $10.99 for one pound or two pounds for $19.99

IMAG2389

The benefits come in droves when it comes to uses of Coconut oil. You start on the outside and you have a plethora of applications that fall under the beauty category, from softening and nourishing hair to your skin. I use it to nourish and replenish my eyelashes after wearing a waterproof mascara, that can be very drying to the follicle and surrounding skin. You can't find anything more safe and natural than NutriGold's Coconut oil and it works, plus my lashes grow beautifully since I started this practice. I have used it also as a nail oil in place of those little cuticle oil bottles that always cost more than meat at the market for a small little bottle! I use the same form of application but save money too. No hangnails to report and because it works, I continue my weekly regimen. Go into the Cooking category and you have an oil that has a decent smoke point for being virgin and produces a crisp on meats to vegetables that made me rethink the fats I use. Coconut oil does not leave a fruit flavor, so you can really use it in different cuisines. It has a light finish, so anything you cook leaves you tasting what you made, versus what you cooked with. No refrigeration is required once opening, so it's not an oil that needs to take up space in the fridge to avoid it going rancid.

IMAG2384

I was very happy with the one pound bottle from NutriGold that when this one runs out, I will be seeking out the two pounder!

Connect with NutriGold and their array of products at:

I received the above product(s) free of charge from NutriGold.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut oil!! There is so many uses for it too. Good review. :)

    ReplyDelete