Friday, February 6, 2015

MatchaDNA: Wireless Milk Frother Review #MatchaDNAmilkfrother



52P85JJ3Y4L

I've been fortunate enough to review a couple of types of Matcha green tea here on my blog, and until now I was content using a whisk to mix it up nice and frothy. A couple of downsides to that is, as I've mentioned before, the tea stains things almost instantly and fairly permanently. The other is beating up my poor mugs with the whisk. That's a thing of the past now thanks to MatchaDNA's frother. For those unfamiliar with a frother, let me tell you it's a kitchen tool you don't know you need until you have it. And once you have it, you don't know how you got along without it.

[gallery type="square" ids="4614,4617,4618"]

Mine is a no frills, simple frother. I use it for sweet drinks, savory drinks, for teas, milks and coffees, hot products or cold. It was a stainless steel whisk and shaft meaning it shouldn't stain, rust, discolor or be affected by whatever drink or sauce you use it for. Yes, you can use this frother with a bechamel sauce or a vegetable puree. It's small and compact which means it won't take up a ton of precious counter space, and lightweight and maneuverable enough to not be a burden when you need it, like some hand mixers. Also, unlike hand mixers, this little dynamo is powered by by 2 "AA" batteries (sadly, not included), so no worries of dragging a cord through a sauce, or the sink, or a hot  stove-top. When I'm done with it, I put a couple of drops of dish soap and turn it on in some hot water, wipe and it's ready to go again or go back in the drawer. It feels well made enough to last me many years, too. Sounds like a winner to me.

[gallery type="slideshow" ids="4615,4616"]

A little tip for those of us who love whipped cream but hate the calories and overly creamy texture: A few tablespoons of milk in a small sauce pot, over a medium heat for a couple minutes, and then froth to create a light and airy foam. Spoon over hot tea or milk, with a little grind of cinnamon sugar, and Starbucks ain't got nothin' on this. With 1/3 of the calories and fat too.

 

Connect with MatchaDNA:

I received the above product(s) free of charge from MatchaDNA.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment