Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bolthouse Farms: Green is Good!

BHF Orange Simplified Logo                                                                                                                                                                                 Bolthouse was gracious enough to send me a bounty of juices, like the carrot one I made a tasty treat out of, and the pomegranate one I reviewed recently. And there's a point beyond my love of cooking, and it's that turning up your nose at a juice because you think you might not like it is a shame.
DSCN4165Which is a segue into my next juice. Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens has a whopping 4 and 1/2 servings of veggies per bottle. Eat your heart out, Vitamix. Sadly, it's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness. It has some serious green pa-power to it and it is NOT for the faint of heart. For hubby, it didn't even pass the sniff test. And I will say, as a lover of veggies in all their crisp, leafy freshness, this juice was tough to swallow. This drink hurts my feelers,  because with only the slightest of tweaks, it could be my favorite.
It's got so much good stuff in it, you want to find ways to use it. Kale, lemons, pears, celery, cucumber, banana, DSCN4166chicory, kiwi, romaine, green tea, wheat grass. It's like Bolthouse peeked into my fridge and saw everything in my crisper drawers and juiced it for me. High in vitamins A, B and C, high in calcium, iron, zinc and fiber, I want to love this juice. But there's too much going on in it for even this little bunny to just drink straight. So, I'd suggest maybe juice a sweet honeycrisp apple, or some pineapple juice to take some of that bite off. Maybe a base for pasta/pesto sauce (future recipe, maybe? ;-) ). Maybe reduced, with a little parm cheese. Boom, dip. All I'm lackin' is crackers. The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination.
DSCN4158
Visit Bolthouse and their Countless Juice SelectionsJuices from Blends to the Plain; to Cafe drinks and even Protein ones:
  • Say hello to the Daily Greens online!
  • Veggies and Fruits on Twitter
  • Visit Fun Bolthouse Crew on Facebook
  • Catch the pics on Instagram
  • Save $1.50 off any bottle here!
I received the above product free of charge from Bolthouse Farms. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment