Thursday, March 20, 2014

Influenster: Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas #SimplyIndulge

DSCN4546

Voxbox madness! The next one up in the parade is Red Rose Teas. Red Rose is a Canadian company, which has been making teas since the late 1800's. The Simply Indulgent line uses a black tea base combined with natural extract, which bring you wonderful dessert-like flavors like Lemon Chiffon, Creme Caramel to Peach Cobbler and even Cinnamon Bun. You can purchase the products in tea bag form or single serve cups. I received two flavors to try from the Simply Indulgent line, Creme Caramel and Lemon Chiffon.

Taste Test: I love teas and coffees and I happen to be fond of Black teas....they are the espresso of teas for me, since I tend to like a stronger and deeper brew. Seeing these and the flavors was like getting a dessert in a cup minus the bake time or the hefty calories.

  • Creme Caramel: I opened the bag while my water heated up and the tea appears very minced and fine. I was hoping to pick-up a sweet caramel or even a caramelized sugar scent, however nothing really came forward to my nose that made me think of the image featured on the front of the bag.....a cheesecake smothered with caramel sauce. I still proceeded and made the cup without adding any sweeteners. I left the tea steeping and noticed for being derived from black tea leaves, the cup's liquid was pretty light in color but I can report the color was like that of caramel. This is as caramel as anything got for me. The tea was simple and light, but not bold in taste. I did not pick up a pleasant taste and I even have some teas that are not straight out black, but blends prior to this one. It just did not deliver in the tea or caramel department. I added honey and just a touch hoping it would maybe help but I just tasted the honey I had added. I tried a second time with another bag and left it steeping a longer amount of time, but the bag really only has so much punch that it did not aid my quest in this creme caramel pursuit.



  • Lemon Chiffon: This is a decaffeinated blend and you see a pretty glowing yellow slice of lemon chiffon pie on the package. It even has a small dollop of whipped cream and a lemon zest shaving to compliment (aka: draw me in) the look. I again follow the directions and steep for 7 minutes, as it stated between 3 to 5 on the bag or until the desired strength. I went to the point the lemon smell was present to my liking! I added a small touch of honey and proceeded. This tea smelled like sweet lemons and very much like you would imagine before steeping and delivered the same results after. I thought I was a caramel girl but with Red Rose, I am definitely Chiffon-ing it! This one I liked.....this one I would buy. The black tea blend had the perfect strength and was not as powdery in texture as the caramel one. I enjoyed it and I felt it was worthy of the Simply Indulgent title!


Price Point: $4.49 for a carton that contains 20 tea bags

Ingredients (as listed on the site): You will read on the site that the tea comes from the finest tea estates, natural extracts, even rich undertones but other than being a black tea blend, you will find zero on the contents. I have no idea if the lemon has lemon oils, dried lemon zest, if it's a Meyer Lemon or anything and much less can be figured out on the Caramel. The packet, the site on-line.....nothing lists contents or ingredients.

DSCN4549

The price for 20 bags makes it worth trying. I kept in mind that this is a blend and the tea leaf is not loose but rather crushed to powder form in the packet. For a quick change or you just want a lighter black tea, Red Rose fits that spot nicely. Would I want the Caramel Creme to taste like advertised? Well, I never thought of such notes in a tea and even though I must admit I am heavy into the Fleur de Sel Caramels in any form.....maybe tea should be left alone there. I much rather have that slice of cheesecake with the caramel sauce featured on the packet! The Lemon Chiffon delivered in smell and taste so Red Rose is batting a 50/50 with me. I suggest keep that in mind when picking flavors.....make sure you have associated them with teas before like the cinnamon ones and you should be fine.

You can find these and other Tea selections at:

  • Red Rose Site on-line- http://www.redrosetea.com/

  • Connect via Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/RedRoseTea

  • Connect via Twitter- https://twitter.com/shareRedRoseTea

  • #SimplyIndulge


DSCN4547

I received the above product free of charge from Influenster & Red Rose Teas. I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion. My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment