Monday, March 31, 2014

Swaggable: The 17 Day Diet Book by Dr. Mike Moreno Review

DSCN4434

Right about the month of March, whatever diet program I have been trying or testing has pretty much reached a point of.....well, boredom. I know it's a life-style change and thankfully I am usually only fighting off 10 to 15 pounds I want gone, but I call them my celebration pounds, because they return when there is a holiday or birthday. Why March? Well, it's my birthday month, as well as  my husband's, so this means cake. Call it cake pounds and as much as I want to blame the confectionery with happy sprinkles that hypnotized me, if I was not looking at it I would have never fallen under it's spell.

I received the 17 Day Diet book in late January and have read through it and the one thing I loved, is how Dr. Mike Moreno changes things up. Days, weeks, or even months do not play-out the same way for me so that also plays havoc on my diet. I sometimes under eat and other times over indulge, so this book has a more realistic approach to what I call R-E-A-L life. There are times I can do well for 2 weeks and then comes week #3 where I eat something someone brought over to I maybe did the unthinkable and had a real cheesy burger......with bacon and caramelized onions....some fries too. I obviously can't just get back on the same horse the next week because I sort of strayed but Dr. Moreno also brought exercise into the picture, whereas most of us want a "way to eat", or a pill to take to be the answer and only solution. It's like the relationship you truly wish will work but sooner or later you have to dump whatever and move on! I've moved on (thankfully not on Husband :) ) but definitely the  dreaming of the magic that never arrives. You got to move more and eat less but also eat smart!

DSCN4435

Dr. Moreno uses a program designed around 4 stages/cycles, each consisting of 17 days. No tricks and just simple methods:

  • Accelerate- The cycle where you lose weight rapidly and cleanse your body out. You start cutting out the things you already know you should not eat and what really just ends up starving your body, rather giving it "real energy". There is an optional fasting day in this stage.

  • Activate- In this cycle you start the metabolic burn, by having days your intake (caloric wise) will be high and others low.

  • Achieve- Here you learn about the smart way to eat and this where I mention previously about controlling the amount you eat, but also introducing new exercises.

  • Arrive- The combo stage where you enter the lifestyle of eating right and moving. Best explained, it's a combination of the previous cycles to help continue a healthy way of eating that will not only benefit you long term but you will be happier with how you feel and look.


Like many diet books, this also comes with recipes but you get over 50 of them! I liked that not all recipes were ultra expensive or hard on the pocket book. Yes, you have lean meats but most of them I found to be low in cost, especially if you shop smart. Dr, Moreno even discusses supplements, exercising when you travel and even holiday stress. Topics from alcohol consumption are addressed, and even a section on PMS! Like I said, pretty much everything is covered including specific medical conditions.

DSCN4436

I liked that the book was not only easy to read, as the author did not act like they found new miracles. Dr. Moreno found an easier way to apply what we all pretty much know already when it comes to diets and eating habits. The book was used as a manual at times, because it was easy to find information I could quickly reference on the topic I needed help on. Like, for example, when I was purchasing my supplements, I added Selenium and found I felt a positive difference. Most chapters have key points under the review section so you can take in the information as a whole or just go by what you want to read about......again, very adaptable.

Connect with Dr. Moreno and the 17 Day Diet Book at:

Via Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/17daydiet

Send a tweet via Twitter- https://twitter.com/17DayDiet

Pinterest is filled with recipes and advice too- http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=17%20day%20diet

#Ididitwith17

 

I received the above product free of charge from Swaggable and Simon & Schuster.  I am not obligated to provide a positive or favorable review, just my honest opinion.  My review is based on my experience with the product and/or brand, which may differ from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment